The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nitrous, 25 shot require tune?

Noz

Would a 25 shot require a tune? Just to help spool.

Assuming fuel system and compression was correct to allow for correct operation. Just the sudden increase in torque/power.

Considering both dry/wet setups.

Will be switch operation. So low, or high rpm.

I would just like to add, the justification for this is not only for the power but the engineering development of my setup. I have always wanted to go this route, and feel a small shot would be the best way to start. While on a stock engine, and able to replace it easily. While doing transmission upgrades I'm looking at all options to take advantage of it and at the same time learn.

25hp for the cost of installation won't probably be good to consider, but having it installed on my car may allow for future nozzle changes for better spool when I swap the engine.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

If your using it to make the car spool it will only be on for a split second so it works at over XXXX% throttle and under YYYY boost psi, a wet system will require no outside tune other than setting the nitrous up but with a small shot to spool the turbo you prob wont use any extra fuel as its literally on for a split second.

That's all the advice I need. I'll max on a 50 wet shot. That's the second person with nos experience to say the same thing. So I'm going to roll with that advice.

Thanks dude! I'll get the bits on order. It's going to be running on your dyno anyway :)