The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Swimming Supra

David P

Land ahoy

Shiver me timbers.

I guess that is one way to do it!! You are a brave man... if that was me, I'd be like sorry, don't have my wellies with me... we are going home love. :D

I could've done with you in your wellies to walk ahead and raise a red flag when it ran over the top of them. :)

Madness..!!

Standard practice around here for us Bumkins.

I would of gone a different way :blink:

That way was even deeper.

I had to do the same thing recently, and then someone submitted a photo of me leaving the sea to a local newspaper.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179175[/ATTACH]

The clip was of my return journey, the first time through I herded a shoal of roach ahead of me which beached themselves at my exit, was hoping for the same for the video.

Air filter is fairly high on the supra so engine should be OK however did the water come in through the doors?

Not quite, it was level with the top of the sills.

My air intake is piped to the lower vent but at low speed water doesn't lift past the air-box trap and it continues to breathe from under the headlamp.

Hence not overtaking the bow wave.

Bit of a stange thing to do it a supra but you carry on!!!!! :blink:

http://youtu.be/lDKYhF6fsOA

Edited by David P (see edit history)

My god man, paint the bonnet, get her tucked away and buy a 4x4 winter car.... Poor thing

My supra always ran better when it was used all year round. Putting it away for the winter just gave me problems with sticky calipers damp sensors moisture building up in doors etc. This is why supras make great daily drivers if you can tolerate the fuel consumption. Ironically I bought a daily 4x4 and it gets used once a fortnight if that..

Didn't look very deep and as long as you go in slow and then build a bow wave you can get through

pretty deep water

This, it didn't look particularly deep, you could still see the road markings through the water and it was obviously on the way down as you could see the grass at the side of the road. Been through similar if not slightly deeper before in a supra and 350Z. I'd of kept up with the bow wave though, I'm sure it's not supposed to overtake you. Alternative would be to try hit it at 80+ and just skate over the top. :D

This, it didn't look particularly deep, you could still see the road markings through the water and it was obviously on the way down as you could see the grass at the side of the road. Been through similar if not slightly deeper before in a supra and 350Z. I'd of kept up with the bow wave though, I'm sure it's not supposed to overtake you. Alternative would be to try hit it at 80+ and just skate over the top. :D

Kept it slow to prevent the low level intake gushing water up into air-box.

Guys please be careful driving through puddles, i wouldn't advise doing it. A guy with a C63 i know drove through a similar puddle this week and was left with a bill for a new engine. Please be careful!! :(

Usually happens due to hitting the water way to fast

All the puddles I've hit recently have just been at the left hand side of the road, so not near the intake. Last night I hit one I hadn't noticed just as a woman was walking past with her dog and it absolutely soaked her. Along with the line of cars behind that did the same thing. She just stood and cowered lol