The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to fit nitrous bottle in aerotop supra? * how I mounted mine*

FOSTA

Hi guys,

Just after a few ideas on where to mount a nitrous bottle in a aerotop supra?

At the moment I'm thinking of mounting it in the middle of the rear seats so the valve is reachable from the drivers seat.

I'm thinking of making a panel /box and covering it in black leather to match the rear seats, it won't be a ugly Squere box that will stand out a mile away, I will be using mdf and fibre glass and make it flow with the design on the seats and it will have long bolts going threw the slits where the rear seatbelts come out, using a metal plate on the underside of the seat for the bolts to fasten too.

So hopfully if I do it this way I might still have full use of the rear seats. To to be honest no one ever gets in the rear of my car so I'm not bothered if I loose them.

This was just my first thought so have any of you guys got any ideas for where to mount it?

Cheers.

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

Unsure why it being an aerotop is relevant to the decision? Unless you were planning to roof mount?

[edit] - oh, I know now. Boot space. Doh!

I'd remove the back seats. Looks more like a racer then too. Install a crash helmet holder like the MG SV

Not sure on size of your bottle or how much room the roof takes in the boot. But I had my 11lb bottle in the boot well behind the seats where the stock sub fits. It didn't stick up to much, probably only about 20mm at the high end. Just have to have the valve outlet facing back abit and not straight down.

Ok this is how I ended up doing mine.

I fitted two long threaded bars to the back that come through the gap between the seats where they fold dow, then on the back of the seats there is a flat plate with large washers and its to tighten it into place.

Then I have a large bar comming through the seatbelt hole in the base then it comes to the top of the box with a nut just under the bottle itself. I counter sank the nut into the wood top so you can't see it. All you can see under the bottle is a small slit so I can access the nut. Then I just covered it in black leather to try blend in with the back seats.