The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whiteline racing ARBs

LOGIE

I had a rear bar from Whiteline for the first couple of years. Can't really compare it to stock as the only driving I did on the original rear bar was home from where I bought the car.

But fit and overall quality of the Whiteline bar was fine, the bushes supplied with the bar were decent quality as well from what I could tell.

The only reason I don't have it anymore is because I'd decided to look for an uprated front bar as well and a matching pair of Titan bars came up for grabs in the sale section so I figured I'd go for those and sell my own bar on.

I'd certainly recommend at least a rear bar from some manufacturer, the change it can produce in a car's behaviour is amazing. Caution should be exercised if the car is used on public roads though, what might seem like a good idea in the dry could leave you with a total psycho of a car at the first sign of moisture. Start soft and go from there, I still only use the middle setting on the rear bar & the softest setting on the front & my car is soley for track use.

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

I had a rear bar from Whiteline for the first couple of years. Can't really compare it to stock as the only driving I did on the original rear bar was home from where I bought the car.

But fit and overall quality of the Whiteline bar was fine, the bushes supplied with the bar were decent quality as well from what I could tell.

The only reason I don't have it anymore is because I'd decided to look for an uprated front bar as well and a matching pair of Titan bars came up for grabs in the sale section so I figured I'd go for those and sell my own bar on.

I'd certainly recommend at least a rear bar from some manufacturer, the change it can produce in a car's behaviour is amazing. Caution should be exercised if the car is used on public roads though, what might seem like a good idea in the dry could leave you with a total psycho of a car at the first sign of moisture. Start soft and go from there, I still only use the middle petting on the rear bar & the softest petting on the front & my car is soley for track use.

Thanks for that. I did look into Titan ones but the cost and then shipping from us then tax.. would prob mount up to mucho £

I have them front and rear on mine great improvement over stock but not too impressed with the durability as all the paint is flaking off and going very rusty.

- - - Updated - - -

I have them front and rear on mine great improvement over stock but not too impressed with the durability as all the paint is flaking off and going very rusty.

I run the whiteline adjustable front and rear on my track NA soop.

As highlighted above- you certainly get what you pay for- whiteline ones are steel unlike OEM and weigh a ton, and as said, over time the paint will flake and they will corrode etc. IIRC when I researched, titan or cusco ones are alloy but are nearly twice the price- that may not still be true.

BUT- if like me you are on a budget, and your main concern is handling- I can't recommend them enough. Much flatter and more controllable IMHO. I used whiteline on my previous track car too, and when I removed it after 3 years (and about 30k miles) its appearance did leave a lot to be desired, but it was 100% still intact and performed its function.

What I'm trying to get at is if you want it too look shiny at shows etc aswell as improve the handling of your car, they might not be for you. If its just the handling, like me, and you're not really concerned what they look like long term, then go for it. I'm not disappointed :)

PS Pedro- following up from a previous conversation- I too have my front set to soft

Yeah, it certainly works best with the rest of my current set-up. I tried it on the hard setting once and just got masses of understeer, seems to have been down to the outside wheel not loading up properly in the turns, I put the bar back to the softer setting and all was well again.