The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trip to Monaco

SupraWoman

I read on here somewhere (can't find now..) - who went there this summer and had a fantastic time, as the car was a head turner. Apparently ppl there didnt see any Supras!

Maybe we could do an organised trip there - the more the merrier??! :innocent:

How about spring or early summer time?

anyone like this idea?

:conf:

Guest gtirpad

I did this in October, with the family and our Saab I might add, not the Supe. You will have a great time, I would recommend getting down to Lyon by autoroute (and if you can stop a night in Lyon as the food is superb there and the old town is beautiful) and then get off the autoroute and go across the Alps and Provence to Monaco on day 2 - it is simply stunning.... or you could just tear arse it down there in 12 hrs!!!

Good luck (would love to join you but I doubt I will still have the Supe) :)

Cheers,

Pad

Actually havent done monaco at all . but Im just excited by all this Saab talk !! Can we turn this into a Saab cruise instead :p :D !!!! Sounds ace !!

If not , we should hav a supra-saab meet instead !!!!:D That shold be a right laugh !

Jeeez what a contrast !

well, its depends

but generally - ferry's tickets or tunnel tickets (depends on leaving time, I think if u leave b4 6am its cheaper). u can always check it on line I guess.

then petrol expenses - depends on ur car's ability to use it generously or averagely ;-)

and hotel stay - depends what hotel, what room type..

so have no idea..

where's that people who did that trip there??! heellloooo!

Guest gtirpad

Right, I can tell you what it cost in the Saab, you will need to factor in slightly worse ecomomy in Supras ;)

We covered 1900 miles door to door from Brighton to my Mums place in Monte Carlo (had to get that in!!! :) ). This included the main journey there and back (2/3rds autoroute, 1/3 alps/provence route), a trip to Antibes and popped into Italy up in the hills. That cost us about £250-300 in petrol, averaging about 32mpg. Despite popular belief, petrol is most certainly not cheaper in France, budget on 1.2Euros a litre.

Then we racked up about £100 in tolls, bearing in mind we saved a fair bit not going via Marseille on the A8, which probably would have added another £20 each way.

We stopped in Novotels on the way there and back which are very fair value for a stop over, about 80-100 quid for a double room. We had accomodation when we got to Monaco, obviously it is hidiously expensive there, I would recommend somewhere in Beausoleil over the 'border' (which is just a road) in France. If you are serious about this I may be able to ask my old dear if she can make some enquiries about a group rate...

We went on the ferry and for a 10 day return we paid £90 which is very reasonable, about £100 on the eurotunnel for the same length of time.

I would estimate that for the travelling alone you should probably budget £450-500 and then your accomodation, food and drink on top..

And the Saab (9000 full fat turbo) was an awesome car to do this trip with!!! :)

Cheers,

Pad

I just thought, we could make the trip in the end of Sept, when the Monaco Yacht Show's on. ;-)

That also will give time for ppl to get some spare cash after Germany's trip?

:innocent:

accomodation wise - I think we should stick to Nice area, as Monaco will be more expensive I think anyway.. :conf: