The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toucan users - software update!

Guest Budz86

Guest Budz86

Just downloaded and updated my Toucan with the latest software update; for those who haven't done this I would highly recommend it! Has a few new features such as knock display (it will now display in real time what knock you have on each cylinder, not just set of the alarm when it exceeds the preset limit), now displays AFR on lambda gauge, updated user menus and some other bits :)

Extract from the website:

Toucan firmware V1.30 and corresponding new User Guides are available for download now.

V1.30 is a significant release with a host of new functionality and, most excitingly, support for MoTeC MBE ecus.

New functionality is as follows:

• MoTeC Support. Allows Launch RPM adjustment, LC on/off and ALS map selection and on/off).
  • MBE Support. Allows Launch sector selection. Choice of OBD-II or Superseal connection leads.
  • Turn display off to avoid distractions by press-and-hold the manual display dim button (all)
  • Adds AFR text to lambda gauge
  • Return to previously viewed large gauge by press-and-hold any gauge on the main screen (all)
  • Flex Fuel gauge (with text in % as well as gauge) (Syvecs)
  • 12,000 rpm gauge as alternative choice to 10,000 rpm gauge (all)
  • PIN protect first CAL added – can selected alone or along with last CAL (e.g. Valet mode aas well as immobiliser mode) (all)
  • Increased sleep timeout when switched live removed – display more likely to remain alive during cranking if wired so that switched live feed is not active during cranking. (all)
  • Injector duty display on Injector Duty large alarm gauge (all)
  • Ignition Knock Retard per cylinder on large knock alarm gauge (Syvecs, AlcaTek)
  • New “list” mode that shows all available parameters as text rather than as a gauge
  • Added wastegate duty and ignition advance to the list display (all).
  • Manual editing of Syvecs CAN frame/slot assignments, especially for vehicles using a CAN bridge or other non-standard CAN definitions. Can be used to disable parameters if not needed (e.g. knock retard on cylinders not present). (Syvecs)
  • Display of current traction control (TC) CAL on the main screen, and ability to name each TC CAL as per main CALs (Syvecs).
  • CANbus control of CAL selection (frees up an input pin) (Syvecs).
  • CAL override to jump directly to a CAL pre-defined in SCal, when using CANbus control of CAL. Selectable on any or all of the 4 pages through the gauge setup screens (Syvecs).
  • ALS on/off from the screen, when using CANbus control (Syvecs – already supported on AlcaTek and MoTeC).
  • CAL output voltage wire will follow TC selection menu rather than CAL selection menu when CANbus control of CAL is enabled (Syvecs).
  • Currently connected ECU shown on “More” pages –also shows if ECU is not connected to assist fault finding (all)
  • 500kbit/s CANbus mode (MBE)
  • Some help pages added
  • Labels on main screen for CAL, ALS and TC now picked from first 5 characters of the entered text rather than hard-coded (all).

All versions are available for purchase from the shop, with AlcaTek and Syvecs versions ready for immediate dispatch. MoTeC and MBE deliveries will commence week of 9th December, once the connection leads are available.

BTW - I'm not affiliated to JTI, just updated my own unit and thought others would also be interested :) Only took me about 10 mins

Guest Budz86

Just to update, the toucan works perfectly now with one minor glitch.....it hasn't connected to the ECU! Lol. The unit is brilliant and I especially like the 'Pick-your-own gauge' feature, but it is now telling me it can't detect the ECU. I'm guessing it's either a compatability issue with the syvecs software version I have or a voltage thing (more likely software) but I have e - mailed Tim so will update once he replies :)

Teach me for jumping the gun! Lol

Probably just a setting on the toucan as software updates can default the settings

Tim will let you know what to do

Just to update, the toucan works perfectly now with one minor glitch.....it hasn't connected to the ECU! Lol. The unit is brilliant and I especially like the 'Pick-your-own gauge' feature, but it is now telling me it can't detect the ECU. I'm guessing it's either a compatability issue with the syvecs software version I have or a voltage thing (more likely software) but I have e - mailed Tim so will update once he replies :)

Teach me for jumping the gun! Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update this as everything has been working fine now for over a week :)

Spoke to Tim at JTI who was exceptionally helpful. Turned out I did need to add some other settings to the ECU so it sent all the new types of data to the toucan. Very easy to do with the syvecs software and he talked me through exactly what to do, what I'd see on the screen etc. Turned out this wasn't the only setting I had to change as the data still wasn't being received, but the new ECU updates I needed had a default connection type that my setup wasn't using. A little bit more playing with the syvecs software and I changed the output to the toucan and bingo, all works great!

Has improved the unit with some good features, which I'll try and take some pics of later :)