The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of the Car & What to do next?

marbleapple

Evening all,

I went for a drive today and took some pictures when I got home. Thought I'd share since we all like pictures.

I've had the car just under 6 months now and absolutely love it. After fixing a few teething problems and replacing the cam cover gaskets (thanks again Marc_P for all the hard work) she has been running like a dream with no leaks, smoke or strange noises.

I'm currently contemplating what to do with her before the summer months come around again. Thoughts, and opinions on what to do next with her is welcome. I'll even accept criticism.

I'm not wanting to spend a fortune on additional power/going single etc. Current thoughts are perhaps looking for some shiney bits for the engine bay. I can't help thinking that I need to add the lip and have the wheels sprayed silver as opposed to the chrome they are currently painted. It would then look how the car looked years ago as shown in the second to last picture.

I also need to work out why the passenger window isn't working and to replace one of the washer horns which, for some reason, is glued on with silicone rather than bolted on!

As a condition to looking at the photos, the 1st person to suggest the car needs to be a different colour etc is required to send me a bag of Haribo. In order to keep you happy though, I enclose a picture of my old car which was slightly less subtle (and a lot slower) than my current one...

Agreed on the facelift rear lights, looks fantastic as it is though might update the rear a bit with facelift lights.

Think returning the wheels back to the original colour would be good too, I'd then spend some money ensuring the underneath is sealed good and proper. Get some leather protection on the interior, give the car is good detail and enjoy a fantastic piece of machinery!!

Agreed on the facelift rear lights, looks fantastic as it is though might update the rear a bit with facelift lights.

Think returning the wheels back to the original colour would be good too, I'd then spend some money ensuring the underneath is sealed good and proper. Get some leather protection on the interior, give the car is good detail and enjoy a fantastic piece of machinery!!

Exactly what Abz said :)

What to do next really depends on what condition all the mechanical parts, fluids and

tyres are in, brake calipers, brake lines, diff cooler, radiator, aircon rad, engine hoses,

brake fluid, engine oil, atf, psf, coolant etc

Cosmetics should be the last thing to start altering, i'd bin the blue hoses and go back to black

personally and as i said a new set of wheels would be on my shopping list but that's purely a personal

thing and they look fine as they are.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Some really great comments. Thanks guys!

Very nice supra you have. Personally I think facelift rear lights would finish the rear off and bring it a bit more up to date :)

I have to agree with you. Its something I keep thinking about. I originally planned to get them when I bought the car but I’ve been trying to think of a way to work around the loss of the fog light (without losing the 2 red lights on each side) which I simply can’t get my head around.

its perfect leave it alone. If its a UK spec why does it have J spec rear lights?

Guigsy had the bumper touched uyp prior to my purchase and one of the clusters was cracked. I love the asthetics of the 2 red lights next to each other that the jap spec lights have (and UK’s don’t).

I think I will follow Dazzi’s suggestion though.

Purely on a visual thing If it were mine i'd change the wheels

I confess that I wasn’t a massive fan of them at first but they have grown on me of late. I think Abz call is a good one. I’ll have a look for someone reputable who can do it. .

Is this the high mile UK that was for sale on here?

It is Guigsy’s old one. It is higher milage but its been a club car for a long time and with so much documented history it looks to have been maintained better and most.

Any pics of the interior - do I spot cream leather?

I’m purposely holding back the interior pics because I am in the process of changing the dash panels.

It is the cream. UK spec rear cream bench with, cream UK carpet and cream Recaros (which could do with a clean when I get a moment).

Guest $uprastar

I'd personally fit facelift headlights and leave the tail lights as they are - facelifts looker cheaper/tacky in my opinion

Nice Supra too :thumbs:

What to do next really depends on what condition all the mechanical parts, fluids and

tyres are in, brake calipers, brake lines, diff cooler, radiator, aircon rad, engine hoses,

brake fluid, engine oil, atf, psf, coolant etc

Cosmetics should be the last thing to start altering, i'd bin the blue hoses and go back to black

personally and as i said a new set of wheels would be on my shopping list but that's purely a personal

thing and they look fine as they are.

That reminds me, get some braided brake lines? Put in 5.1 dot brake fluid that should make a difference for not a lot of money.

I'd personally fit facelift headlights and leave the tail lights as they are - facelifts looker cheaper/tacky in my opinion

Nice Supra too :thumbs:

I was considering changing my tail lights to facelift, but I actually prefer the pre-facelift lights nowadays. Something about the grey surround on the facelift lights looks like a Halfords sticker kit.