The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello Supra lovers, let me introduce myself.

Guest GeorgeJZA80

Guest GeorgeJZA80

Hello everybody,

my name is George, I am originally from Greece, but I live in Germany.

I started my apprenticeship this september, as an automotive mechatronics engineer. Or car mechatronic if thats the right term.

It has always been my dream profession and my goal would be to run my own garage.

I am a big fan of the Toyota Supra and its my all time favourite car.

In november I became 21 years old and as a car enthusiast, I feel like its about time for my dreamcar, which is obviously a Supra.

I have been checking car sale sites like pistonheads, autotrader uk and gumtree almost daily for a pretty long time now.

I was even checking the japanese site cartradeview for a long time.

When I noticed one of the admins of the facebook group Supracociety building up a fun supra for himself, I sent a pm asking if they might be able to suggest me some more carsalepages from the UK. Their suggestions included this great forum, so i checked it out and signed up a bit later.

I have interest in a supra that is for sale here and I ve sent two emails to the owner, which probably didnt arrive, because some time later I found out that the pm system works when you are a paid member and that its not about how long you are in the forum and how many posts you have done.

So now I have paid for my membership and hopefully I will be a supra owner in the near future and can contribute to this forum.

Thank you for reading. I wish you and your families a happy new year.

George

Guest GeorgeJZA80

Wow thank you very much guys for welcoming me. Tony with his well known Supra. I Have a couple of pics of it on my phone :D

trinitom`s supra is the one that i fell in love with to be honest. but it seems to be pretty complicated for me to get it over to germany. Had contacted autoshippers to see if they could help and how much it would cost, but they replied that they dont do shippings from the channel islands. Will have to check if the car is still available and contact some company from here to see what they would charge.

At the beginning i wanted either an N/A manual or TT Auto, because TT 6 speeds are pretty expensive for me at the moment. But I came to the conclusion that I really really want a manual. trinitoms example seems like a very clean one with not too many faults.

Guest GeorgeJZA80

Even if i wanted, I couldnt rule it out completely. I guess its that I really would like to control when to shift up and down. I love supras so much that I could never say no to a clean TT auto. To be honest, the most realistic and probably the best way at the begining would be to go with a manual N/A supra, so I can get more familiar with the car and with working on it. Only time will show.

Even if i wanted, I couldnt rule it out completely. I guess its that I really would like to control when to shift up and down. I love supras so much that I could never say no to a clean TT auto. To be honest, the most realistic and probably the best way at the begining would be to go with a manual N/A supra, so I can get more familiar with the car and with working on it. Only time will show.

The auto has manual mode mate I'm up and down the box all the time. Good luck with the search mate.

Guest GeorgeJZA80

Tony, i assume you dont have the tiptronic since your supra is from 1996, wow i see you had a 6 speed supra in the past. But how are you up and downshifting manually with it? Thought you could only put the 2nd gear in and leave it in 2nd otherwise you go full automatic.

Guest GeorgeJZA80

Well here we go, already learned how you can trick the system haha. Thank you very much for the informations and the links for the detailed explanation, Tony.

Mihai, I live in Stuttgart, pretty southern of Germany.