The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange speedo converter

LOGIE

Ive always been aware that ive had this behind my speedo but could anyone tell me if...

A) Have they been known to cause any problems? Fault codes etc?

B) if I fit UK spec speedo can I do away with this?

My car has done 140+ Mph (on a private road of course) so I know it works in that respect it just looks a bit homemade.image

Edited by LOGIE (see edit history)

I think that's the same one I have and I've never had a problem

Ive not had a problem as yet mate. But im trying to diagnose ABS fault over on technical forum and this was on my mind. @Swampy what problems have they been known to give the autos mate? Im at the closing stages of my NA-TT conversion and its an auto so just wondering what to look out for? I do have a UK speedo cluster on its way to me. So ill change it when I can, but im trying to get to the bottom of ABS problem first.

I will do later mate its pissing down big time here. Are you reinstalling one?

When i bought my supra it had this one in already and worked perfect. When it gave up my mate gave me a different one which is absolutely crap as the speedo does what it wants. So i bought the same one as you again but ive lost the picture i took before of behind the clocks. So i can remember where the wires go. So if you could help me out id appreciate it alot

When i bought my supra it had this one in already and worked perfect. When it gave up my mate gave me a different one which is absolutely crap as the speedo does what it wants. So i bought the same one as you again but ive lost the picture i took before of behind the clocks. So i can remember where the wires go. So if you could help me out id appreciate it alot

Ill take pics of all wires as soon as I can mate.

Ill take pics of all wires as soon as I can mate.

Thanks mate

- - - Updated - - -

just had my clocks out, 3 screws like a triangle, red to the top green underneath blue to the right if that helps

Yes i remember something like that. Dont you have a grey signal wire also

just had my clocks out, 3 screws like a triangle, red to the top green underneath blue to the right if that helps

Mine has wires going into the odometer too...must be to make it run up in miles. As I said ill take pics of all wires soon guys.

Just realised what you mean T14PPA im not sure whoever had it fitted must have wanted it to run up in miles not km. So im guessing they just run another wire in they had lying about hence the reason its different thickness than the rest mate.