The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gear knob retrim?

Rich.2211

Does anybody on here offer retrimming services? My factory 5 speed gear knob is worn and rather than spend a small fortune on a new one from Toyota I would like to get the factory knob retrimmed with red stitching. I've seen some after market items but they just don't feel/look as good as stock :(

Most upholsterers up here in the tropical north will do steering wheels,handbrake,gearstick,gear knob retrims for a fee If you found a trim place near you I assume they would quote you. But I have been wrong before

I'll have a flick through the online yellow pages, just wondered if we had a forum hobbyist doing it.

I had the same problem too, you could try Keron for one as on Ebay some are listed at £80, I ended up just pulling the leather off as it luckily has a smooth/shiny surface underneath and doesn't look too bad IMO.

I may do that for the time being and keep the cover to show the upholsterer.

How does the smooth shiny knob feel in your hand Graham? Do you like it?

:D