The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery charger (CTEK MXS 7.0) experience

Mgrene

Evening folks

I just bought myself the battery charger in question and even though the manual is rather simple (only three pages), I am still not sure about the following.

In total there are three programs besides the normal charging program:

- AGM: Only to be used for AGM batteries

- Recond: Restore battery life

- Supply: ?

The question is:

Which program should I use when I connect the charger to the battery after each trip ?

Will that be the supply program ?

It doesn't make sense to me that I use the normal charging program because the battery is already almost fully charged after each trip.

In general my problem is that, If I haven't driven the car for around 14-20 days, the battery will be very low on power = Not enough power to start the car :-/

Looks like "SUPPLY" is to maintain the battery when you're not using the car.

http://www.ctek.com/gb/en/page/support/manuals

NORMAL 14–225Ah Normal battery program 14.4V/7A. Use for WET batteries, Ca/Ca, MF, and for most GEL batteries +5°C to +50°C (41ºF to 122ºF)

AGM 14–225Ah AGM battery program 14.7V/7A Use for AGM batteries. -20°C to +5°C (-4ºF to 41ºF)

RECOND 14–225Ah Recond program 15.8V/1.5A Use to return energy to the empty WET and Ca/Ca batteries. Recond your battery once per year and after deep discharge to maximise lifetime and capacity. The Recond program adds the Recond step to the normal battery program. Frequent use of the Recond program may cause water loss in the batteries and reduce service life of electronics. Contact your vehicle and battery supplier for advice. -20°C to +50°C (-4ºF to 122ºF)

SUPPLY 14–225Ah Supply program 13.6V/7A Use as 12V power supply or use for float maintenance charging when 100% capacity of the battery is required. Supply program activates. Float step without time or voltage limitation.

Looks like "SUPPLY" is to maintain the battery when you're not using the car.

http://www.ctek.com/gb/en/page/support/manuals

NORMAL 14–225Ah Normal battery program 14.4V/7A. Use for WET batteries, Ca/Ca, MF, and for most GEL batteries +5°C to +50°C (41ºF to 122ºF)

AGM 14–225Ah AGM battery program 14.7V/7A Use for AGM batteries. -20°C to +5°C (-4ºF to 41ºF)

RECOND 14–225Ah Recond program 15.8V/1.5A Use to return energy to the empty WET and Ca/Ca batteries. Recond your battery once per year and after deep discharge to maximise lifetime and capacity. The Recond program adds the Recond step to the normal battery program. Frequent use of the Recond program may cause water loss in the batteries and reduce service life of electronics. Contact your vehicle and battery supplier for advice. -20°C to +50°C (-4ºF to 122ºF)

SUPPLY 14–225Ah Supply program 13.6V/7A Use as 12V power supply or use for float maintenance charging when 100% capacity of the battery is required. Supply program activates. Float step without time or voltage limitation.

I think you're right.

I will try it out......and what properly makes more sense, I should try and figure out why the car is discharging the battery. It's a pain in the a** :rolleyes: