The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New and Looking for a supra

Guest Andy.ecma

Guest Andy.ecma

Hello Everyone. Firstly I just wanted to say Hi. My name is Andy and I'm a Music teacher, in training anyway in the Grimsby area. I'm new to the forum. It's nice to find a good forum. There is lots of helpful information. I've not found my way round everything yet but I am getting there.

Ok, I'm looking for my first mkiv supra. I had an older one before and although I liked it. I'm really looking for the mkiv. I've currently got an ST203 celica which Ive had for years. Its been a good car but its not a supra. Anyway I'm hoping to find a 93 twin turbo. It needs to be a manual. As you may imagine I'm having trouble finding one. I'd love a black one but have come to understand that may not be achievable. I think I may be better off with a UK model but I'm open really. I'm only going on that because my celica is an import with 4 wheel steer and when it has come to parts, I've had my issues.

If anyone can give me some advice on where to find one that would be great.

Anyway Thanks for looking at my post.

All the best. Happy new year.

Hi, nice to see a proper introduction to the forum :thumbs: You will find a wealth of knowledge on here and you may have some success in your Supra hunt by searching the For Sale section of the forum. Parts for the JDM model should be no harder to source than the UK model and to be honest a lot of the parts you may ever need are the same anyway. UK models are also much harder to come by as there were limited numbers made, although, they are cheaper to insure.

Good luck with your hunt :)

Rich

Guest Andy.ecma
Hi and welcome. Why does it need to be 93? Have you considered getting Jurgen to import you one from Japan? Look him up he is a trader on here. JM Imports

Hi, according to research and some personal experience I have found that the earlier models are easier to mod. Apparently the later models have issues with certain components linked to the ECU that cause running issues. Naturally I need to confirm this.

Thanks I have looked at the site. Its difficult to get an idea on pricing though.

Guest Andy.ecma
Welcome to the club, first ive heard about later models having ecu problems tbh

Hi. Thanks. Well I'm looking into it. I dont think it's an ECU thing, but something linked with it. I'm still doing my homework at this stage.

- - - Updated - - -

Sound very promising. Thank you for that.

Hi, according to research and some personal experience I have found that the earlier models are easier to mod. Apparently the later models have issues with certain components linked to the ECU that cause running issues. Naturally I need to confirm this.

Thanks I have looked at the site. Its difficult to get an idea on pricing though.

Hi andy , if we can help let me know..

all prices are on our cars for sale section ;-)

unless your looking at the sold section or cars in japan.