The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Micro blistering

Graham1984

Well to top off the window regulator failing today I noticed I have micro blistering too :rolleyes:

Luckily (if you can call it that) the rear section it is happening on has lacquer peel anyway so two birds with one stone ect should sort that panel. The annoying part is I think it is starting to happen on the other rear quarter panel too, would it be worth putting the DA on it with a higher cut grade polish to flatten it out a bit more or will it be a lacquer off lacquer on job too? Can it spread also?

I read up on this a bit from others with the same problem and Havard iirc said he had the two rear side panels re-done as it annoyed him. Just wondered on other peoples opinions as it pisses me off. Atm I am half tempted to just fix the window and maybe the worst side and just sell the car at a worse loss than anyone who sells a NA.

Cheers guys.

When you say blistering I assume you mean moisture trapped in the paint?

Yeah that's what I assume it is, it has been clearer since getting colder as when I machine polished it there was no sign of them at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you got any pictures so we can see how bad it is graham it may be salvageable

No I don't, it's not terrible yet but more like a small patch of midget sized braille.

I had my NA redone after noticing the blisters two winters on the trot. They didn't return the third year and I sold the car to Purity14 the summer after.

I assume she is still ok as we had the work done in the warmer months. This is always the risk if the car is sprayed in a cold environment. It was weird, during summer months the panels looked perfect but a soon as we got to 3 degrees or less, the blisters came up on the rear wings only.

I saw that the white TRD Jurgen sold a couple of years ago had the same problem and apparently the blue TRD which I fell in love with was the same.

H.

I think the problem is more I am just getting peed off with the whole thing and might as well sell it rather than throwing more money at it that I don't have.

The correction work would not be expensive. I paid about £400 IIRC.

My TT has had none of these issues so it has to be if work is done after and not factory paint. Have a wank and a Lemsip Graham and things will be clearer.

H.

The correction work would not be expensive. I paid about £400 IIRC.

My TT has had none of these issues so it has to be if work is done after and not factory paint. Have a wank and a Lemsip Graham and things will be clearer.

H.

The rear quarter lacquer quote I had was around £200 cash but whether that would solve this is debatable, I already cleaned the lines earlier though so may wait awhile.... as for the lemsip I cba to go down the town to buy some as it would cheese me off if my wood propped window slid down again now :D

Ignore the blisters, bubbles, lacquer peel etc these are all cosmetic. Paint is just something to make a car look nice. I am at a similar place with my car after throwing lots of money after NA-TT'ing. My advice stop overanalysing it, ignore it all and stop spending money you don't have to. Just enjoy it for what it is....fuck even abuse it DRIVE it. Save hard and buy a TT. Alternatively if you really are attached to it and want to save it then be prepared to spend a lot to do the job right. These are my issues to mate, and I think I've just answered my own questions

It just bugs me, I hate it looking bad as I can be anal about these things.

A small penis and a NA..... thanks god :D

Im exactly the same mate but is it really worth it? both my front wings are rusting where the plastic trim screws in, I have 2 spare wings in great nic and even a great paint match and I cant be bothered with changing them. My rear left has just started to show signs of bubbling. These cars are well made with great quality Japanese steel but they are getting old, all supras are going to start going downhill in condition soon unless they are garage queens in the winter and pampered in the summer. Ive had a pampered cars previously and I didn't enjoy them as much

Im exactly the same mate but is it really worth it? both my front wings are rusting where the plastic trim screws in, I have 2 spare wings in great nic and even a great paint match and I cant be bothered with changing them. My rear left has just started to show signs of bubbling. These cars are well made with great quality Japanese steel but they are getting old, all supras are going to start going downhill in condition soon unless they are garage queens in the winter and pampered in the summer. Ive had a pampered cars previously and I didn't enjoy them as much

I wouldn't say I have pampered it but just cant hack it looking too turd, I get what you are saying though totally. With the window and other bits it's just been a bad day.