The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick intro

Guest Aslan

Hi to you all. Just a quick into.....

I don't have a Supra as yet but am hoping to track one down early in the new year.

I have fancied a Japanese car for quite a while now and the Supra had always been my favourite in terms of looks, performance and quality. Also love older cars as I quite like doing a bit of maintenance & servicing myself.

As I said, hoping to start looking in the new year. In no hurry, want to find a good one. The post on here regarding "what to look for when buying" are very good.

Currently driving a BMW E46 M3 (52 reg) if anyone fancies a straight swap I may be interested.

Edited by Aslan
Spelling. (see edit history)

Welcome fella what are you looking for a TT (Twin Turbo) or an NA? Manual auto etc

I was same always love jap cars have BMW 320i 58 and then finally got a supra for the weekend was in a bit of a state but with tinkering and then a lick of paint and she will be all good :-D

Good luck with it interested to what you decide on

Leaning towards a TT at the moment but will be doing abit more research before I make a firm decision. Thinking about it, of all the cars I have owned (over 20) none have been turbo charged.

Welcome to the forum! Why took you so long to decide you want a turbo car ? :p

No real reason I don't think. I haven't specifically avoided a turbo car. Never realised until now that I have never had one. Lol.

Only car that had a turbo that I can remember that I really fancied having is a Renault 5 turbo GT. But that was years ago. (I am nearly 50 ).

Welcome to the club! Right place for all the information you'll require :)

What are your thoughts on the E46 M3? I drove one a long time ago, SMG box too, though interested to know in terms of ownership. If I need a more practical car then I 'might' look at these though the 335's have hugely come down in price too!

Welcome to the club! Right place for all the information you'll require :)

What are your thoughts on the E46 M3? I drove one a long time ago, SMG box too, though interested to know in terms of ownership. If I need a more practical car then I 'might' look at these though the 335's have hugely come down in price too!

If you enjoy the thrill of driving and want a practical everyday daily driver that can put a smile on your face on the open road then the m3 really does the job.

I average about 20 mpg on a daily commute. Expect to replace tyres, disks, suspension bushes, at some point but overal a very reliable car.19 inch wheels make for a very firm ride but it really holds the road like nothing else I have driven. SMG gear box is great BUT if it plays up can be very expensive to diagnose a problem and fix. I have read about people who have have had to drop the gearbox just to replace a 20p switch. I must admit that I have only once put it on setting 6, turned off the traction control and used launch control. Frightened the life out of me. Lol.

I think the 335 is the replacement model of the E46. Maybe an E90???

If you enjoy the thrill of driving and want a practical everyday daily driver that can put a smile on your face on the open road then the m3 really does the job.

I average about 20 mpg on a daily commute. Expect to replace tyres, disks, suspension bushes, at some point but overal a very reliable car.19 inch wheels make for a very firm ride but it really holds the road like nothing else I have driven. SMG gear box is great BUT if it plays up can be very expensive to diagnose a problem and fix. I have read about people who have have had to drop the gearbox just to replace a 20p switch. I must admit that I have only once put it on setting 6, turned off the traction control and used launch control. Frightened the life out of me. Lol.

I think the 335 is the replacement model of the E46. Maybe an E90???

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Main reason I wanted one was the rear seats are much more useable. It's still pretty quick & I have never owned a M car before only driven quite a few of them over the years. The Supra surprisingly quite practical! Though the rear seats have very little leg room which is fine now with one child but will be very difficult with two... When the time comes.

You'll love a twin turbo Supra, the drive is incredible, if you pop along to the one of the meets anyone would be more than happy to take you out for a spin as a taster.

Yep, it's the E90 shape. My colleague has a 335 & driving it felt very similar to the Supra. Also had a similar setup, straight 6 twin turbo in sequential mode. Only thing is VERY common around here, which is another reason I love the Supra. I get loads of lovely comments & people interested in the car.