The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new south african member

zaheer0027

hello all

new member from south africa :hello:

fell in love with the supra after watching the first f&f movie way back in 2001 (was still in grade 11). finally realized the dream in november 2012 when i purchased a slightly accident damaged white 1993 n/a. the idea was to use it as a project car but after purchasing i quickly realized i may have made a screw up. the clutch was gone, the body would have needed quite a bit spent on it to get it perfect, it needed new headlights and there were a few small bits and pieces missing.

3 months later, a silver stock(ish) 94 n/a came up for sale. i snapped it sight-unseen. i picked it up and drove it 500km to my home and my oh my...WHAT A CAR !!! it had only 80000km and was in near perfect condition !!! i sold the white one and now have my silver supra under the knife.

mods so far :

• 19" Turn1 wheels/archilles tires
  • Cusco coilovers
  • Cusco Strut bar (rear)
  • S2 headlights
  • Hid 8000k kit
  • Trial bumper (rear) BEING FITTED
  • Ridox Skirts BEING FITTED
  • Top Secret bumper (front) BEING FITTED
  • TRD spoiler BEING FITTED
  • Recaro SPG bucket seats BEING FITTED
  • blue led dash conversion
  • carbon fibre centre console cover

the list above reflects more of an aesthetic approach so far. after my bumpers are fitted and the car is roadworthy again, and a little saving up, my attention will shift to fitting the following

• cusco front strut bar
  • cusco sway bar front
  • cusco sway bar rear
  • d2 (or similar) brake kit all round

the engine is going to be the most expensive bit of this whole project so its been left for last. no firm idea on the engine yet but i am tending towards na-t rather than tt transplant.