The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woohoo finally have the supra working and great club spirit

Gymshoe

Hey guys sorry for the long post, but thought i would share how much this club has helped me already :)

As some of you know thanks to Alex (drift_bear) i recently done a deal of swapping my imprezza for my first supra, it is a 1993 NA auto that had a running problem (can see from this thread) which sounded like a distributor problem.

After speaking to Nevins and dr_jekyyl, me and Alex sourced and replaced the distributor that was in there with one Alex had got from here, fitted it and the car still wouldn't run! So after replacing the igniter and coil pack with ones borrowed from JDuksey we set about to try and find what else would be causing the problems. We done a diagnostic fault code check and it kept coming back with code 12, so we checked all the wires and hoses and found nothing wrong, so it was time to put the car into an autoelectrician and see what they came back with.

The garage managed to get the car running for a whole 45mins and once they applied the accelerator the car died and wouldn't turn over again! They ran a diagnostic check again and it was still coming with code 12 and said it could be the ecu playing up. They checked the distributor and found small cracks on the actual shaft of the distributor that goes into the engine, so once again i was on the hunt for parts! Since Alex set up the swap of cars, he took it upon himself to source and pay for all parts that needed replaced and also the road tax i needed by now.

On friday Alex managed to source the following parts distributor, ecu and fuel pump from Keron and our very own mod Sunny! Big thanks to them both for managing to get the parts sent out to me asap and they arrived on saturday morning! I went and dropped the parts off this morning to the garage, they replaced the distributor and it still wouldn't start, so the put in the new ecu and BOOM its alive! So my supra is FINALLY ready :nana: :nana: :D :D

So i want to say a big thanks to Keron, Sunny, Jesse, Nevins and Craig for all the help from lending me parts,talking me through stuff and also helping me source parts! Also can't forget a thanks to Alex for going out his way to help get the car going by buying the parts i needed and working on the car with me up untill he had to go offshore. He also offered me the use of his supra while he is away to get my supra fix :D

Makes me see how much this club will help out another member in need, even if i am a newbie :p hopefully get to meet some more members next year and come along to events with the Scottish lot.

Jamie (one happy supra owner)

Edited by Gymshoe (see edit history)

Good to hear its sorted dude, i seen Alexs posts on facebook seems too have been a nightmare to say the least, get plenty of driving time in before the snow drops ;)

Thanks dude :thumbs: Least i wont have a scooby on the stand for the SMCS next year ;)

He's not back so might just borrow his untill i pick it up from the garage on friday :innocent:

Good to hear it's sorted mate. No need to thank me and Craig. After all you and Alex are like family to me so if it meant standing out in the rain and going through my car for you to check yours so be it. Now the next job is you and Alex to get your arses down here for new year.

alex is a top bloke

Thanks mate :thumbs:

Good to hear it's sorted mate. No need to thank me and Craig. After all you and Alex are like family to me so if it meant standing out in the rain and going through my car for you to check yours so be it. Now the next job is you and Alex to get your arses down here for new year.

You know the reason why I can't come down lol

Good to hear its finally working bud! :thumbs:

Glad to do my small bit to help and thanks for the Haribo!! :D

Haha anytime mate!

When god was dishing out generosity and thoughtfulness, he turned around to answer the phone and accidently gave Alex double helpings.

That lad is pure gold!

Well done everyone too. Amazing club spirit.

Hardly mate, I like to help out the club as much as I can plus Gymshoes my best mate anyway lol

Great news gym enjoy :) look forward to seeing you guys soon :thumbs:

For sure Marcus, next year ftw :thumbs:

Bout time it's working lol. Glad it's finally going, talk about a great Xmas present!

If you use my car then replace my fuel lol

:p I wouldn't use it just now anyway to much salt on the roads

Sweet dude :)

:thumbs:

alex is a top bloke

We talking about the same one :p :D

Happy to help JS & DB, looking forward to the 2014 meet scene up here :thumbs:

Will look forward to catching up with you mate

I was trying to talk him into it lol

Good to hear its finally working bud! :thumbs:

Glad to do my small bit to help and thanks for the Haribo!! :D

Will need to get a mini meet sorted when yours is back on the road dude

When god was dishing out generosity and thoughtfulness, he turned around to answer the phone and accidently gave Alex double helpings.

That lad is pure gold!

Well done everyone too. Amazing club spirit.

He is that showed me where the boot release is :innocent: :D

Great news gym enjoy :) look forward to seeing you guys soon :thumbs:

Will be good to catch up with the welsh sector aswell buddy :thumbs: