The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tell me about my Supra

ccssupra

Bit confused as recently I have been looking at upgrading the car with OEM items such as active spoiler, but some things don't seem to add up.

Its a 1994 Import TT Automatic and has the following:

Leather electric seats (not heated)

Electric folding mirrors

Plug for active spoiler in the bumper recess, but cannot be found in interior loom.

No plug for heated seat switch

Does this sound standard? Looking at the options sheet shows the electric folding mirrors for example should even be available for pre 1995 models!

There won't be a plug for the heated seats on an import. The heated seats were only on the higher specced UK (and European) models IIRC.

When you say the centre console is all off, my active spoiler plug was tucked down the side of the transmission tunnel, but deep in the Radio area, by the boxes in there, and there's not much cable on it from the loom either.

Mike

I have a basic SZ (1994) and have upgraded quite a few parts (cruise control, Active front spoiler and all connectors were there), I have even found electrical connectors for a secondary horn, electrical passenger seat etc. So have a good look for your active one in the stereo area as mentioned mine was VERY WELL hidden. Its a white connector for active ecu

757b3cf7.jpg

Edited by LOGIE (see edit history)

Did you check behind the passenger carpet? Id keep looking ive never seen a car without it that has the front connector for the active motor.

Well the thing is, there is no cable anywhere near where it needs to be.

It is certainly not in the center tunnel and I have traced the cables from where the slip control cable is etc right to the back of the center console behind the gauges etc.

I will check behind the passenger carpet tomorrow, but I just cant se where it would be!