The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's and car trailers

supra steveo

A Supra will just about fit on a trailer with those dimensions.

Width-wise you are ok as long as you don't have ridiculously wide wheels or spacers, my own trailer is about the same width and all is well with 10" rear rims in a sane offset.

Length-wise you'll have a fair bit of Supra hanging off the end but provided there is nothing stopping the front of the Supra from resting up against the front of the trailer then you should be ok.

My own trailer is about a foot longer but I don't have the car tight up against the front board so I can take the front bumper off.

this is mine, own built trailer and now has a 6 ton 12v winch fitted.

That's a tidy unit James, I like the tyre rack on Si's rig. I have every intention of doing something similar myself.

My own started out as a twin axle with a rotten timber floor, I fitted the steel floor and the lights when I bought it then I moved the second axle closer to the first & fitted the third axle earlier this year.

I did however test the new floor properly while it was still a twin axle unit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=178549&d=1387653101

Mine probably wouldn't be as all-out stable as yours or Si's at motorway speeds because of the wheels being in under the floor and the car sitting higher because of it but it does mean I'm totally sure when towing at night that if the jeep fits through a particular gap then the trailer will as well!:sly:

I've a similar sized 12v winch to put back together with a new motor but I don't know whether I should fit it to the trailer or rig it up between the chassis legs of the jeep and have the rope coming out through the rear bumper.

now those headlights are really yellow

Yellow is the new black, which was the old clear.:)

017.jpg

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)