The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insured under 25, who do you sleep with??

Getrag

Admiral, Adrian Flux and Elephant are all quoting ~£3000 - at least they gave me a quote. A few months ago I got a quote from Norwich Union for around 1800, this time they told me to go grab my ankles.

I really think these insurance people just take a random guess at each new phone call :looney:

Just keep phoning m8. I called about 20 places until I got a reasonable (£1800) quote from Bell.

It helps if you decide to live with your granny/cousin/[insert distant relative] who stay in a low crime area. I'm moving in with my mum in Ardfern for next year. :innocent:

As I said to you m8, best way I've found is do an online quote for a UK spec with elephant, then call them quoting the quote reference. Tell them all details are exactly the same apart from it's an import and you want that stated on the policy. Usually they add about £200 and it's job done, cheaper quote than anywhere else for me.

Cheers,

Brian.

Originally posted by ThunDeR

......do an online quote for a UK spec with elephant, then call them quoting the quote reference.

Why not get a quote for an import? I just ran through my details and came up with a quote for £900, which is nearly half what I paid last year (renewal due in Jan) :eek:

Its looking better....

Tried the online elephant thing with a UK (wouldnt quote for import) then phoned them up. And they qouted me for an IMPORT, twin turbo at a very good price. Ill confirm it when I actually sign on the dotted line, as it were....

Bell Direct still had me up in the £2000's

Originally posted by Getrag

Its looking better....

Tried the online elephant thing with a UK (wouldnt quote for import) then phoned them up. And they qouted me for an IMPORT, twin turbo at a very good price. Ill confirm it when I actually sign on the dotted line, as it were....

Bell Direct still had me up in the £2000's

Good news!:thumbs:

Originally posted by tDR

As I said to you m8, best way I've found is do an online quote for a UK spec with elephant, then call them quoting the quote reference. Tell them all details are exactly the same apart from it's an import and you want that stated on the policy. Usually they add about £200 and it's job done, cheaper quote than anywhere else for me.

Cheers,

Brian.

That's not the way I did it, I just called up as you can't pay online for a j-spec at any age.

My docs say twinturbo import so you should'nt have any problems, it also looks like I got a fantastic deal on mine!