The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend some good tyres on a budget?

Fizzy T

Hi guys, It's that time again when I need to replace tyres. The last time I put on new rubber it was because I'd bought new wheels off ebay and the rubber was better than what I had on previously so didn't have to spend out any more.

I'd like some decent tyres for £200-250 max, noticed these on ebay though so has anyone tried Maxxis tyres?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150839420744?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Some research even has some of the US Supra owners buying these saying they are good but apparently they are piss poor in the wet :taped:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171068482774?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Usually I would buy the best spec tyres I could afford but I'm on a budget at the moment as it's Xmas.

I had the zz3's on the front of my supra and fitted a set on my business

partners daily driver, he loves them and i thought they were pretty good

for the money.

I've not had the vredesteins on anything but thought lots of members on

here raved about them.

Falkens I found to be good, but I bought a Focus with Vreds on and they were awful. Like, scarily bad. Still cannot fault these MA-Z1's.

Never heard any complaints about Vreds. I have them on the rear of the Supra and they are immense compared to the Falkens I had on in the first couple of years. I had Khumos on the Audi and they were good. Only 143 Hp, but they still gripped well.

H.

Go for the kumho ku39. One off the best tyres ive ever used. And ive gone through conti sc5, michelin ss2, pirelli p zero, falken 453, vredestein, toyo t1r etc etc ive tried them all. And my top 2 so far michelin or kumho ku39. Its a class 'A' rated tyre. I read alot off the guys in M3's and porsche's use them on the ring.

Edited by Hassan (see edit history)