The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's better Whifbitz 1st decat or obx header for n/a

Suprakeith

Just trying to find opinions on what's better for the n/a either Whifbitz 1st decat pipe or the obx header? Have already got the Whifbitz 1st decat fitted to car and it's fine but got a mate selling a new obx header as if it's better option over the Whifbitz then will get the obx one.

Thanks in advance for help and opinions

Stock manifold with whifbitz decat pipe will be more durable the gains to be had I imagine are only noise increase with the obx

That's what I was thinking if honest as no point paying for the obx and swapping it all over just for more noise, unless and performance gains will stick to the Whifbitz I got fitted at moment

Chances are the OBX manifold won't fit without some sort of modification to it.

I bought one of Nic's manifolds for my NA when I first started hunting for more performance. I went to fit it but it wouldn't clear the engine mount bracket bolted to the block.

Instead of hammering a pipe to half its original bore (which a lot of people do to gain clearance) I fabricated a different engine mount bracket out of some heavy steel plate I had lying around.

Then when I went to sell the manifold I supplied the bracket along with it to guarantee fitment to the new buyer's engine.