The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stripped my windows.

FOSTA

I don't know what they are like around your way, but I know a fair few people who have been stopped numerous times by the police because of their cages. Not because there was anything wrong, just because the police were being idiots. (I was witness to a couple of these occosions)

Personally, I think it looked better with the tints.

biggest load of bollox ive ever heard

how does tints make it look chavvy , anything thats not liked on this forum always gets known as chavvy

id prefer not to have nosey people looking in my car, i think taking the tints off is a mistake

too easy now for people to look through the window and see your gadgets , not hard to smash the window and pull them out/snip the wire

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

Much better :cool:

how does tints make it look chavvy , anything thats not liked on this forum always gets known as chavvy

id prefer not to have nosey people looking in my car, i think taking the tints off is a mistake

too easy now for people to look through the window and see your gadgets , not hard to smash the window and pull them out/snip the wire

I'd rather people look inside my car and see nothing, than see the window tints and assume I have something valuable in the car.

Window tints are a stupid idea for security.

And yes, window tints on a 20 year old Japanese coupe is chavvy.

I get what you mean about people seeing in mate, but like I said before I can fit anti-smash and grab film 175micron (clear film) also known as bomb blast film!

And they will struggle trying to smash that! I fitted 100micron to my last car ( wich is thinner) and it took me 35mins just to brake the glass and another 15mins trying to get in!

The only down side is they would mark the hell out of my glass trying to smash it so even though they wouldn't get in I would most likly still need to replace the glass if they had marked/damaged it.

so that's great if you have nothing valuable in your car, but what about the guys with syvecs ?

people can look through the window and see their displays knowing that under the carpet is a very valuable ecu.

dont the jap ones come with tints?

You don't have to run a display with Syvecs. This is another reason why i dislike loads of gauges all over the dash.

I get what you mean about people seeing in mate, but like I said before I can fit anti-smash and grab film 175micron (clear film) also known as bomb blast film!

And they will struggle trying to smash that! I fitted 100micron to my last car ( wich is thinner) and it took me 35mins just to brake the glass and another 15mins trying to get in!

The only down side is they would mark the hell out of my glass trying to smash it so even though they wouldn't get in I would most likly still need to replace the glass if they had marked/damaged it.

ohh nice i haven't seen that before.

and i thought you needed the display with the syvecs, good to know :thumbs:

Your average smack head who is going to smash and grab isn't going to steal a turbo timer and a boost gauge.

A lot of opportunist thieves aren't "smack heads", they're young lads who will grab whatever they can. Gauges aren't car specific, so will be easy to sell on too.