The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Box Hill Meets

bens747

I think it used to be japmeets.co.uk but AIUI it became a victim of its own success. Too many cars for the space. Last time I went in the MR2 I had to park in the pub carpark down the road.

I'd still be up for going to another one if you want to organise it :) It's just up the road for me, a good way to spend an afternoon :D

Originally posted by Amazing grace

Please can we do this U can all come back to my place after for cake:D

Would be great fun and there are some nice pubs in this area.;)

Geoff where do you live then, you say you are near?

Regards,

Sheena:)

Hi Sheena

When I say I'm near, I should have said compared with all the other meets ;)

I'm in Sutton/Cheam so only about 10-12 miles away.

I used to enjoy the japmeets at Boxhill, I started going even before I got my MR2 turbo, and had to hide my Calibra in the corner :D

In the end too many cars used to turn up for the space available, and some of the less sensible ones used to race along the A24, egged on by the crowd, which attracted the police.

A Supra only meet there should be fine for space, you can get a burger and a drink, have a nice chat and generally it makes for a good afternoon out.

As far as I'm concerned, any meet this side of London is far preferable to fighting my way around the M25. We're not even going to have Bolney next year :( We really need a dragstrip this way, ala Blackbushe RIP.

I'd be a lot keener to run my car on the strip if it didn't involve the trek to Santa Pod every time.

• 4 weeks later...

The pub that the Bolney event was held at has been sold and the new owners dont seem interested in the event so Bolney is off for this year. The organisers are looking at a few locations around london so there will be some sort of large meet like Bolney, but Bolney itself wont happen from what we can see.

There is a Box Hill meet coming up on the 19th Feb though for those that are interested.

JB