The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk spec brake discs where to buy

MattP

Looking for a set of drilled and grooved uk spec front and rear discs can anyone recommend a set or post up a link please thanks.

I have a new set of genuine Toyota discs before anyone says stay stock, the point of changing them is mostly aesthetics more than function

You're going to have to pay more than stock discs to get good quality drilled discs, otherwise they will just crack. Why compromise on brakes just because they look better?

Expect more replies in a similar vein.

People say that but I never had a problem with my ebay specials on my n/a for how the car gets driven and for how little it moves from it's heated garage queen spot cracking shouldn't be a problem

Get the stock ones machined

Is that a good idea, i wouldn't have thought drilling vented discs that weren't designed to

have holes in would work and could just weaken the disc.

Grooves would probably be okay though.

I definitely wouldn't be fitting cheap drilled & grooved discs just because they look better than

stock

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Looking for a set of drilled and grooved uk spec front and rear discs can anyone recommend a set or post up a link please thanks.

I have a new set of genuine Toyota discs before anyone says stay stock, the point of changing them is mostly aesthetics more than function

I've got UK spec Black Diamond drilled/grooved discs on the front at the moment and they've had track use with EBC yellow pads with no worse performance than stock, but better cooling. I've also had MTec discs on, not as good but a lot cheaper. Still no worse than stock IMO.