The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Colour Change or Sell My Wheels?

Rich.2211

Nice looking wheels. Just colour change and you're onto a winner. :) I liked the bronze one's before.

Cheers :thumbs: Do you reckon these would look good in bronze? I'm thinking a gloss bronze as oppose to the satin bronze of my previous wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

Get them done in a nice "shadow chrome" and that will look stunning.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to learn how to do a shadow chrome effect on Photoshop :D

i suppose that depends on how much you could source another set / sell your set for.

I like bright solid colours but your car is too classy for that.

what size are they rich, what tyres? i could be interested despite the distinct lack of kawasaki green!

I would normally agree with shadow chrome, but in this instance I'm going to suggest high gloss black.

So long as you keep it subtle, it will only add to an already stunning car :cool:

Cheers :thumbs:

I've been considering a very glossy black, just a little worried you won't see the design of them on photos. I suppose if they're REALLY shiny then the light will reflect of them and they'll be a bit more visible :D

i suppose that depends on how much you could source another set / sell your set for.

I like bright solid colours but your car is too classy for that.

what size are they rich, what tyres? i could be interested despite the distinct lack of kawasaki green!

They're 9 & 10J with R888's all round but I've decided to keep these, have them refurbed and stick four new tyres on. The R888's are just too noisy for me live with on the road.

I reckon a nice dusky Bronze would look fresh on this car, gloss black will look mean, but may blend a bit too well, into the bodywork, if you see what I mean

Yeah that's my worry with black, hmm. I like bronze and I'm considering it.. just got to find the right bronze if that makes sense.

I agree with carbon bullet I think they look great as they are:thumbs:

Problem is.. white really, really is a pain to keep decent. The wheels look good white when they're clean, but they get filthy so easy and I'm fussy with my car. Unless I plan on cleaning them every day then I just can't put up with them lol.

Problem is.. white really, really is a pain to keep decent. The wheels look good white when they're clean, but they get filthy so easy and I'm fussy with my car. Unless I plan on cleaning them every day then I just can't put up with them lol.

Agreed white is a total PITA to keep clean but it's a great contrast with your cars paintwork and the six spokes really suit supras IMO :)