The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear brakes swap over advice

Andrew K

I'm thinking about swapping my j-spec sliding rear callipers & discs for a UK rear set up including the discs to compliment the AP Racing big brake kit I'm fitting on the front. Is it just a straight forward swap over regarding the rear brakes? I'm sure I've read recently that when you fit the uk rear callipers etc you have to modify the dirty shield behind, is this so and what exactly needs doing? If they do need modifying can't you just buy the dirty shields that would go on a UK spec car? If so does anybody know the part numbers?

Thanks

Basically a straight swap, the smaller brakes have a smaller brake disc shield, you'll either need to trim off the lip, remove altogether or fit a bigger dust shield.

That's what I was hoping to hear thanks Nic :) if I could I would like to replace the disc shield with the correct item rather than cutting it if I can, do you know the part number for the disc shield that goes with the UK rear setup?