The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What power do you reckon?

tony tt

Evening All,

I'm currently getting some parts together for my single set up that ill be getting done soon. I just wondered if anyone would be able to hazard a guess as to what kind of power i'd be looking at? At the moment it's a bpu auto and ill be keeping the auto box with a transmission cooler on it. I know the autobox will max out but do you reckon it would get past 550hp with the below? Just a rough estimate if anyone would know......

60mm non billet turbo kit from whiffin

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/garage-whifbitz-2107.html

264 Cams

Syvecs

850cc Injectors

Walbero 450LPH pump

FMIC.

3 inch to 4 inch exhaust

Thanks.

Evening All,

I'm currently getting some parts together for my single set up that ill be getting done soon. I just wondered if anyone would be able to hazard a guess as to what kind of power i'd be looking at? At the moment it's a bpu auto and ill be keeping the auto box with a transmission cooler on it. I know the autobox will max out but do you reckon it would get past 550hp with the below? Just a rough estimate if anyone would know......

60mm non billet turbo kit from whiffin

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/garage-whifbitz-2107.html

264 Cams

Syvecs

850cc Injectors

Walbero 450LPH pump

FMIC.

3 inch to 4 inch exhaust

Thanks.

You'll have to wind the boost up, but it's possible to hit 550 bhp with that list.

im sure ive seen around 600 on stock box because thats what im aiming for with a similar setup untill i change to a built box or go manual

i have a different turbo but that kit is rated from 500 - 900? so you should max the box out you just need to know whats safe for the box.

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

Didn't Ryan G map the torque to be killed for longer during gear changes on John Baileys 600bhp auto to help save the box? Might be worth doing to help lengthen the gearboxes life after you go single.

I'm not sure mate. I know it's all down to the mapping on the day really so it's hard to say.

Where you getting the power checked mate? Could wildly vary depending on where you go.

I'd say 500-550 would be a fairly safe bet. I don't think you would push up to 600 without the billet, could be wrong though. If it did get you there..... I reckon you'd be pushing the EGTs a bit high.

Where you getting the power checked mate? Could wildly vary depending on where you go.

I'd say 500-550 would be a fairly safe bet. I don't think you would push up to 600 without the billet, could be wrong though. If it did get you there..... I reckon you'd be pushing the EGTs a bit high.

I dont know yet mate where it will be going to get mapped. If it was 550 or slightly higher i'd be well happy with that.

I dont know yet mate where it will be going to get mapped. If it was 550 or slightly higher i'd be well happy with that.

If you go just about anywhere in Scotland you can play it safe with around 600-650hp ;)

I only know of 1 place that gives a conservative power. Saw a BPU Supra run 530bhp a couple of years back, walked away from it on the motorway on the way home :D

If you go just about anywhere in Scotland you can play it safe with around 600-650hp ;)

I only know of 1 place that gives a conservative power. Saw a BPU Supra run 530bhp a couple of years back, walked away from it on the motorway on the way home :D

It wont be mapped in Scotland mate that's a certainty lol

- - - Updated - - -

I have 500bhp from my stock engine and going through my stock auto box. All mapped by Ryan on an HKS F con pro. Has been running as a daily driver and I don't hang around. To be honest that power level is enough for me!

What turbo do you have Steve?

I would say def. sub 600 bhp.

Running a 60mm turbo at 1.4 bar you should hopefully be ok. Its difficult to quote numbers as they vary so much dependant on dyno/date - 5yrs ago a reading of 500bhp for bpu was unheard of now its ten a penny.

Tony, aslong as its 1rwhp more than Alex, I assume you will be chuffed :D

Haha I'm not chasing numbers or comparing mate. If it's a nice set up with around 550 or a little more I'll be chuffed.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say def. sub 600 bhp.

Running a 60mm turbo at 1.4 bar you should hopefully be ok. Its difficult to quote numbers as they vary so much dependant on dyno/date - 5yrs ago a reading of 500bhp for bpu was unheard of now its ten a penny.

Cheers for input bud.

Didn't Ryan G map the torque to be killed for longer during gear changes on John Baileys 600bhp auto to help save the box? Might be worth doing to help lengthen the gearboxes life after you go single.

This is correct Ryan killed the torque to protect the autobox, and car was running 607bhp and is was hilariously quick, even more so now John's got the built box on.

But even with Ryan reducing the torque from what Chris told me it was still killing the autobox, and would have spat it's guts out eventually so I'd say 500-550 is safe although evidently 600 can be done for a reasonable period of time.