The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crank gear.

FOSTA

Hey guys,

I need a tool that can pull the crank gear of the crankshaft. Its just I need to take the oil pump off and that's all that's stopping me at the moment.

Could somebody post a picture of what it looks like and where to but one please :)

Thanks guys.

Fosta

I would reccommend the below approach as the easiest!

Two lengths of m8 threaded bar, two m8 washers and nuts.. Drill two appropriately spaced holes in a flat piece of steel, the same width as the holes in the pulley, then one larger hole between the two. Then use a long M10 bolt through the piece of steel (tap the hole or or place/weld a nut to the other side of that steel)... You'll need to put something against the hole in the crank to push against, big washer or something.

Voila. A homemade puller, assemble as is obvious! It should come off fairly easily tbh.

Edit: The holes may be M6... Can't Remember!

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Is the engine still in the car?

Have you tried getting two spanners behind it and either side of it and gentle levering? (you need to have them at close to the thickness of the gap)

Go gentle with the above (I only said about it as it may not be on that tight), the proper way will involve a puller tool utilising the x2 holes one of which can be seen in the above picture do you have any bolts that fit those?

Is the engine still in the car?

Have you tried getting two spanners behind it and either side of it and gentle levering? (you need to have them at close to the thickness of the gap)

Go gentle with the above (I only said about it as it may not be on that tight), the proper way will involve a puller tool utilising the x2 holes one of which can be seen in the above picture do you have any bolts that fit those?

No it's out the car mate :)

No I'd have to run out and buy the bolts which is not a problem. If possible I would like to buy just a cheap pully tool if one was available.

I have a set of pully tools but they are the 3 claw type pully tools not the threaded hole type.