The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Supra is done!

Slutters

Great work mate I loved watching this project coming along, you went at it fast good progress throughout. Awesome work mate, now get out and enjoy it. If you ever find yourself soaring up the M74 turn off at J14 so I can get a better look mate.

:D Cheers mate, that's a kind offer.

noticed you drilled/tapped the cam covers for the breathers.

did you manage to get a nice thread on it bud ? thought it was thin in that place

I used a 1/2NPT thread, its such a large thread it easily seals, you get a good 3/4 thread's but as the fitting is so large it's got a large surface area. I used threadlock also, i have no leaks at all so far! :)

I used a 1/2NPT thread, its such a large thread it easily seals, you get a good 3/4 thread's but as the fitting is so large it's got a large surface area. I used threadlock also, i have no leaks at all so far! :)

nice 1 bud, i know alot of americans drill and tap it too.

ill give this a go with mine. easily fixed if it did eventually leak :thumbs:

Hi guys

Thanks for all the nice comments. :D

To answer a few questions:

Mapping has been finished, made a touch over 600BHP, was mapped at TDI South by Sam on there hub dyno.

Number plate is going to be moved to the bumper at some point, there was a chip on the bonnet and the numberplate was a quick way to hide it. :D

Crank pully is a lightweight aluminum one that was balanced with the engine.

The inserts in the bumper is the ducting i made for the twin oil coolers and air filter duct. The mesh is to protect the oil cooler.