The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to the club looking to purchase my dream MKIV

Guest WesleyMkIV

Guest WesleyMkIV

Hi guys

Thanks for the welcome to the club, my names Wes I'm 27 from the Leicestershire area.

Been an avid fan of Supra's for years now after being taken for a spin in a friends 6 speed single turbo 700bhp monster, since then I've always wanted one and I'm currently looking for an na for everyday use.

I've been looking mainly for a manual but they are hard to find so I've been looking at autos as well, I've read the tips for buying a Supra but any extra advice is more than welcome!

Here's one I'm going to view on Monday with a friend so let me know what your thoughts are as i don't want to buy a car that I have to spend a fortune on maintaining like my current car.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-3000cc-automatic-absolutly-stunning/1793107

Thanks again for the welcome and hope to be joining you all on the road soon in my own Supra!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the club Wes, don't discount the auto... My first Supra was an auto & I loved it!! If I brought another Supra I'd be looking at an auto. Just as quick (if not quicker) as the manuals & if you get the Twin Turbo they give an amazing kick down & insanely quick gear changes! Very smooth around town which makes it awesome to drive & live with day to day.

Thats an expensive N/A Auto

It's not a Veilside kit either, it's OEM, but that's a bonus

If you are reasonably patient you will find a very good N/A 5 speed or maybe a good 6 speed for that money

As already said, there is a chance of getting a TT Auto, but you have to be careful what you are buying sub 5k, although good ones do appear sub 5k especially during the winter

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Guest WesleyMkIV

Thanks guys, I agree it is a little pricy but i think thats down to what the dealer has spent on it replacing breaks, shock absorbers etc, I'm also looking to part ex my Seat Leon FR so gotta be dealer preferably so always gonna be a bit more than private.

I did want a TT but I can't afford 8k for a good one combined with the running costs of everyday use so I'm downsizing my dream to an na ;)

Anyone recommend any good places to further my search?!

I didn't read the ad as him spending the money, but receipts for the work

If he has had to replace all those parts then it really wasn't a very well looked after car

Not sure where you have been looking, but 8k for a TT Auto would top money for a newer perfect car

Here is a good place, you may get lucky and be able px

Are you able to sell yours first

Welcome to the club. I can only echo what's been said about the auto. I've never owned an auto car before the supra and I love it. Very nice to drive, responsive and smooth gear changes.

You don't need 8k for a TT. Plenty of nice cars such as Chris's in the classifieds section for a lot less. Part ex is tricky to find though.

Welcome mate. I recently bought an N/A auto and it's a great car! I paid 3k and it's good not 100% perfect but near enough. I have a leaking power steering hose & strut top mount is worn on one of the rear coil overs. But it beats driving to England from Edinburgh for a similar one, just near in mind the N/A is still a thirsty powerful car and will require extra care in the wet trust me you can easily light it up coming out of every corner when moist lol

Welcome to the club Wes, don't discount the auto... My first Supra was an auto & I loved it!! If I brought another Supra I'd be looking at an auto. Just as quick (if not quicker) as the manuals & if you get the Twin Turbo they give an amazing kick down & insanely quick gear changes! Very smooth around town which makes it awesome to drive & live with day to day.

Mines for sale and ill take £5.5 this weekend it's in the classified section

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/15/6ajy6uqa.jpg

Take 4500 cash and wave under his nose,you never no

Guest WesleyMkIV
I didn't read the ad as him spending the money, but receipts for the work

If he has had to replace all those parts then it really wasn't a very well looked after car

Not sure where you have been looking, but 8k for a TT Auto would top money for a newer perfect car

Here is a good place, you may get lucky and be able px

Are you able to sell yours first

That's what I may have to do so I'll to see what comes up, I've seen a nice silver TT in Dublin with 41k on the clock for 4500 but because I'd be using it as a daily the fuel costs would bankrupt me lol but i think an na will still satisfy the dream and id prob be able to keep it longer too but its also finding one with minimal mods.

Does anyone on here use a TT as a daily and if so how'd you get on fuel cost wise?! Could ask the same for the na also as the research I've done has varied so be good to get a rough estimate.

That's what I may have to do so I'll to see what comes up, I've seen a nice silver TT in Dublin with 41k on the clock for 4500 but because I'd be using it as a daily the fuel costs would bankrupt me lol but i think an na will still satisfy the dream and id prob be able to keep it longer too but its also finding one with minimal mods.

Does anyone on here use a TT as a daily and if so how'd you get on fuel cost wise?! Could ask the same for the na also as the research I've done has varied so be good to get a rough estimate.

I use my TT as a daily but it really depends what type of driving you'll be doing and your miles. It's never going to be a cheap car to run, even if you buy the n/a but it's not really too bad either. I do around 11 miles a day in slow moving traffic in the middle of Birmingham, 5 days a week with some short weekend driving such as popping to tesco or whatever and I reckon it costs me around £25 a week, maybe a tad more. It's more or less what the train would cost me anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Now this is the scary bit... I have owned both TT & NA and the NA uses more fuel than my TT! I thought it might be just me but others have mentioned it too... sorry :D

I use my tt as a daily and love it big time haha as Mr Jord said it's all about how you drive them I drive mine about 35 miles a week but do have fun in that time so don't get amazing mpg but if you drive more frugle then you can get decent 20 odd mpg which considering the type of car they are is awesome and it's nice to know when your driving around that you have a car capable of destroying most of the cars on the road ;-)