The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me a good and cheapish garage alarm (sensor not CCTV)

SupraStar 3000

I want to secure the garage with a budget alarm, something basic with a sensor and keyboard password would be ideal.

The garage sits besides the house and is pretty secure at the moment, but I want an audible alarm that is triggered when someone enters the garage.

I bought a very cheap unit that actually doubles as a rape alarm (Oh the irony LOL) but the sensor is useless.

I could have my hand down old mother hubbards petticoat and this thing wouldn't go off,.. anyways, I'm digressing.

I just want something to attach to the wall (wireless / battery operated) thats no frills.

Anything CCTV based is too extravagant.

Besides, I don't want anybody to see what I get upto alone in my garage.

Any advise. :)

Do you have a house alarm? If so you could easily connect it to the house, my garage is alarmed when we are asleep, just setup different zones.

Failing that you could one of these, I've got one on my driveway, works very well, if anyone walks up to the front door it goes off, you could place it in your garage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141095199376?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the link Jamie. If I find nothing else, that will do.

Those Driveway patrol's look great,... except they don't actually alarm if the intruder continues into the garage.

Supra Ufo. Does yours sounds out a loud alarm then??

perpy1878, I don't need a strap-on mamba.

My actual chipolata is scary enough. :D

It will constantly make a noise unless the intruder finds it and covers it by then you will be aware another good thing is when the battery is low it Alarms kind of scary if it happens in the middle of the night, it's also good practise to have 9v recharge and every month or so just swap between them.

Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the link Jamie. If I find nothing else, that will do.

Those Driveway patrol's look great,... except they don't actually alarm if the intruder continues into the garage.

Supra Ufo. Does yours sounds out a loud alarm then??

perpy1878, I don't need a strap-on mamba.

My actual chipolata is scary enough. :D

Is it just for while you're in the house ? Why not use a baby monitor ? Then you have time to get to the garage and beat the crap out of them with your chipolata :D Seriously though baby monitor. Then have a walkie talkie or similar and you can scare the hell out of them :D much more satisfying ;)

Is it just for while you're in the house ? Why not use a baby monitor ? Then you have time to get to the garage and beat the crap out of them with your chipolata :D Seriously though baby monitor. Then have a walkie talkie or similar and you can scare the hell out of them :D much more satisfying ;)

:D

The batteries on baby monitors (non video) don't last a huge amount of time, Ed would need to recharge every couple of days, plus if they are quiet then he won't hear it. If you want someone fairly cheap and smile... and you are within 400ft of your garage then the option by Jamie & UFO is a very good one :)

Can anyone confirm.

The Driveway Patrol makes a 'chime' wherever the receiver is placed (in house) when someone passes the beam,... BUT, does the unit actual make a sound in the garage to deter the intruder???

no it doesn't unless the receiver is in the garage but that will mean you will trigger it every time you go in...suppose you know where to look to turn it off