The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Answer needed quick

Bill Prawn

Originally posted by Bill Prawn

I need some tyres and have been offered a good deal on the following Eagle F1's;

Front 245/40/18

Rear 255/45/18

Will these sizes go well together?

It's on a TT J spec.

Thanks for the help:thumbs:

Rears too narrow IMHO - you need 265 min - but only IMHO:thumbs:

Originally posted by Ian C

If an answer is needed quickly then posting it in the right place would be a start :p :D

-Ian

Thankfully someone gave a sensible answer before you!

With so many different areas it is not always easy to choose the right one.

I believed this was more general as it was aimed at all and not just a special few.

Maybe you would have been more helpful as a moderator if you could have moved it if you believed it was in the wrong place.

This would have been of more assistance than trying to belittle my honest question with unfunny sarcasm.:p ;)

I don't think Ian's answer was sarcastic at all, judging from the smilies.

As you are someone who posts all over the shop all of the time, mostly crap, it's a bit of a cheek to complain about his response just because you are being serious in wanting advice for a change.

So flame me - see if I give a toss:flame Dev

Bill the rears will be too tall.

stock 17's have 255/40/17 tyres and are 25 inches in Diameter

your 18's with 255/45/18 on will be 27 inches in diameter and may/will rub the arches when the suspension compresses.

FWIW I run 235/40/18 and 255/35/18 with no problems.

If you want a copy of the tyre calculator spreadsheet which i got the calc's off let me know and i'll email you it sometime.

Peace out :D

I currently have 275/40/18 on the rear.

You saying they are too big?

275/40/18 come out at 26.7 inches diameter.

I'm not saying they are definitely too big, its just that the Supra specific wheel fitment guide spreadsheet i have (american source) has a formula where once the diameter exceeds 25.6 inches diameter it displays a "The tire will rub the top of the inner fender well." message.

Obviously going by your current tyres this is not strictly true, however you must be nearing the limit of room i'd imagine and the 255/45 tyres will be taller/have an even larger diameter......

Thankfully someone gave a sensible answer before you!

With so many different areas it is not always easy to choose the right one.

I believed this was more general as it was aimed at all and not just a special few.

Maybe you would have been more helpful as a moderator if you could have moved it if you believed it was in the wrong place.

This would have been of more assistance than trying to belittle my honest question with unfunny sarcasm.

I did move it, we've both ranted and made up, hence the post editing :D

You posted in FAQs, I moved it here to General, and happily your questions have been answered.

-Ian

I apologise if it was in the wrong place I thought I put it in General.

Too many things to choose from, like a kid in a sweet shop, obviously got too excited;)

Sorry again for putting it in the wrong place, as it was the special deal was not so special after all, but I did get some useful info.

Bye for now:thumbs:

Originally posted by SupraWoman

my rear tyres 18x x 285...

and front ones 18 x 245...

all low profile 30 & 35

What width wheels have you got front and rear SupraWoman?

Anyone know if these tyres are ok with these width wheels:

9.0x18" front 245/40/18

10.5x18" rear 275/35/18

?

I'm running 255/35 19's on the rear (NCT F1's) 19 x 9.5 with an ET of 30 (I am fairly sure of the ET but not definate) & they didn't foul the arches until I put 1.5" spacers on, then I had to have the arches rolled - cost me 50 quid, well worth it 'coz it now fills the arcch & looks the B****cks!!! Seems to have got the back end a bit more stable Too!! P.S. Standard springs & shocks - J Spec. (Saving up for coil-overs NOW!).