Rough estimate for respray

Tom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got mine done at ENVY, pics in their section. total cost was £3k and that was for repsray in porsche midnight blue, fitting a bodykit (blended skirts and spats), fitting facelift lights and angel lights etc, glass out and everything. even repaired the dent from where some shit through a brick at the car off a motorway bridge

give them a call mate :D

Originally posted by Muffleman

I assumed it was engine out, but that's a lot of work surely ! And two seperate trades.

Doesn't this add disproportionately to the respray costs ?

Most decent body shops have got fitters on hand to do the mechanical stuff, its not normally the painter that does it, although smaller concerns, through necessity, tend to be able to turn their hands to most jobs.

As for adding disproportionately to the costs, it all depends on how important to you that the engine bay is painted. On a show car its a must, a daily driver maybe not so vital.

You pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Personally, unless I was changing the colour, or the engine bay was extremely ratty, I don't think I'd go to the expense on a "normal" car. Windows out and door shuts painted are a must though.

Bear in mind that most imports aren't painted body colour under the bonnet to begin with.

Originally posted by kopite

got mine done at ENVY, pics in their section. total cost was £3k and that was for repsray in porsche midnight blue, fitting a bodykit (blended skirts and spats), fitting facelift lights and angel lights etc, glass out and everything. even repaired the dent from where some shit through a brick at the car off a motorway bridge

give them a call mate :D

Yours does look absolutely stunning mate, I was just comparing the pics of my car against the one that Matt B recently posted and I would really like mine to look that new!

I'd better start saving some more....

My resprays start at £1200 , thats taking all the obvious stuff off , rear 1/4 removal is + £150, rear screen is + £100, same ish for front but its risky taking the front out (make sure you have insurance) , colour changes would be around £1800 not inc under the bonnet , to pull the motor and strip the bay youd be looking at another £1K !!!!

Suprawoman how long did the turbo heatshield last being painted gold ?????, nice colour looks a bit like the one i use to copy Marchesini bike wheels , its a jag colour .

Dude:flame Dev

Cheers dude, I'll definitely have to come have a chat with you. I will be changing some of the bodykit and having a full respray next year. My car is red and I will be staying with red, but a totally different one and I will need the engine bay doing too. (If I can find the paint code that is - it's proving difficult !)

I'll be in touch in the new year.

Matt

LOL to be honest - have no idea!

as still waiting for it to come out of the workshop.

will have to wait n see! lol

Originally posted by dude

Suprawoman how long did the turbo heatshield last being painted gold ?????, nice colour looks a bit like the one i use to copy Marchesini bike wheels , its a jag colour .

Dude:flame Dev [/b]

Originally posted by TDRAPER

Yours does look absolutely stunning mate, I was just comparing the pics of my car against the one that Matt B recently posted and I would really like mine to look that new!

I'd better start saving some more....

cheers mate, and agreed, matt's car looks awesome! :D

are you thinkin of gettin black done again? just to echo what bobbeh said, does yours need a spray doin?i got mine done coz i was gonna put a kit on and the car was white! (sorry whitesupraboy :D!!)

Originally posted by SupraWoman

tricky Q... it can cost in average £2,000-2,500

I paid for engine bay and full car re-spray £5,000 - as it has 41 coat of paint and gloss...

not to offend or anything but who on earth told you they had put 41 coats of paint on ? :eek: