The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New gearbox prices

Swampy442

So if you could get a V161 for 5 grand new in the box, would that be attractive?

It depends on the circumstances. £5k for a brand new gearbox that has been proven to cope with huge amounts of torque is an attractive prospect.

Unfortunately, the cars they're destined for aren't worth that much. For many, it would be worth buying a cheap tt6, and breaking it, selling everything other than the gearbox.

If I were building a car like Infernos, I wouldn't hesitate to spend £5k on a brand new V161 if it were needed.

Why does it matter? OP isn't offering the rest. People have broken existing V160/61 boxes...they wouldn't need extra parts..

You are aware that you can buy every part to repair a gearbox?? also your going to be looking at paying more than from Titan (who only do V160's BTW) Im pretty sure I could negotiate a better deal especially if there were more than 1 , shipping is not that much and duty is paid on the valuation placed on the package.

Also Im pretty sure 99.9% of members looking at this are viewing with a mind to doing a 6 speed conversion!!!

£3750 for one a bit less for 3 or more + shipping which I think I paid $500 to have mine flown (surface is cheaper) the value on it is up to you for the everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

If we had 5 coming say shipping would prob work out quite cheap because it would be one big heavy box going surface !!!!