The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage to fit bucket seats

charlton

I've had a pair of bucket seats and harnesses sitting in my room for about a year waiting to go in to the Supra and its about time I pulled my finger out and got them in the Supe...

I have some custom seat frames from johnd-mkiv that need drilling but will need some longer bolts to bolt them to the floor. As I don't have a steady hand, tools or the bolts can anyone recommend a garage around Guildford/Woking to do this or does anyone fancy some beer (money) for doing it?

Shame I don't live closer, or otherwise I don't mind doing it.

It will be very simple, seats are only held on by 5 bolts and then it lift straight out.

Align your seat to the custom frame for drilling and bolt everything back job done.

Guess it all depends, I like to do most if not everything myself because I don't like the fact I'm paying someone to do something I can. Well you need try or you never going to learn.

Just find a local engineering / machine shop prob be cheaper and would take a few minutes

Good shout, I didn't think of that

Shame I don't live closer, or otherwise I don't mind doing it.

It will be very simple, seats are only held on by 5 bolts and then it lift straight out.

Align your seat to the custom frame for drilling and bolt everything back job done.

Guess it all depends, I like to do most if not everything myself because I don't like the fact I'm paying someone to do something I can. Well you need try or you never going to learn.

I've had the seats out and gave it a go but the standard bolts are too short to go through the frames and into the floor. I just want to make sure it's done right too as I don't want to find out the hard way that I put the seats in wrong!

I like to give things a go too, I'm replacing the heater matrix at the moment in my NA - admittedly it has taken me several months but I'm almost there!!

Edited by charlton (see edit history)