The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had my car "done". :) There's pictures...

lightwave

I've had my car in the body shop for a while while a friend has been doing a little work for me on it. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves (I know how you all like pictures) but I'm very pleased with the result. Here's what's been done:

All dents/rust removed

Aerial removed and welded

Stock spoiler removed and holes welded

Bomex kit put on (front/sides/spats)

Full respray in some new black (was black before)

New spoiler put on (most of you will hate it)

Exhaust added

...and a service

But anyway, here's the pics :D

supra_1.jpg

Originally posted by mcanny

Is the rear numberplate on at a jaunty angle?

I'll resist commenting on the spoiler :)

Well spotted with the number plate - it's at a slight jaunt, yes. I don't notice anymore. Suppose I should do something about it.

I doubt most people will show such restraint regarding comments on my spoiler. Thank you ;)

Originally posted by paul_y3k

well thank you ... for showming me what my car would look like when i have enough money to finish it ... BAH !!!

back to the drawing board for me then, but nice to know I've got good ideas ;)

What have you got planned for your masterpiece paul? I was going for a black and polished theme. Hence the polished Do-Luck wheels, the custom polished APR spoiler, and I'm going for some polished-looking (reflective mirror style) vinyl up the side.

Then we've got some green lighting going on (neons in the footwells and under the car - still need to put those in) and once the ICE/PC/Xbox are done and the Gibson & Boyne stuff is complete... I'll be laughing.

I think you should still do whatever you want to do - you'll be way happier when you can drive your own one and everyone's staring at you! Keep the wheels mate. :)

Originally posted by Elliot

Very nice! Is the bodyshop local?

The spoiler's a little big & silver for my liking, but still looks ok.

You could say that, they're in Gosport, but they did it as a favour to me... they're not doing any more cos they've got too much regular insurance work on and custom stuff isn't their thing.

Shame, cos I trust them and they're good and they sure have the facilities. I got 5 coats of Sikkens black on my car. :D

Originally posted by Elliot

I live in Gosport!

It's not the place owned/run by Paddy is it? I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Shame they're not doing any more, I've got a big list of stuff to be done to my car, just waiting till after xmas to assess the funds

I know you live in Gosport, it says so next to your name. ;)

No, not Paddy's place. It's Car Care tucked away down the bottom, so you might want to approach them if your car gets crashed into, then see if they'll do all the other work at the same time. :)

you took a good spoiler off and put a BIG NASTY one on :eek:

would have looked lots better with no spoiler more sleek and racer like. the spoiler takes your eyes away from the car and when you get the new wheels you dont want people to be looking at spoiler, more at the wheels.

how come you decided to go with a big spoiler like that?

post pics up when you get ya new wheels :thumbs:

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

you took a good spoiler off and put a BIG NASTY one on :eek:

would have looked lots better with no spoiler more sleek and racer like. the spoiler takes your eyes away from the car and when you get the new wheels you dont want people to be looking at spoiler, more at the wheels.

how come you decided to go with a big spoiler like that?

post pics up when you get ya new wheels :thumbs:

I decided to go with a big spoiler like that cos it's polished (to match the polished wheels going on) and because personally, I prefer it to the stock spoiler.

I certainly will post pics when I've got the new "mmmm... tasty good" wheels on. :)

Really looking forward to getting those on and wrapping them in some 245 and 275 Proxes. Yay! It'll be a fun day queuing at Mitcheldever Tyres.

Originally posted by Getrag

You dont usually see the Bomex in black, looks good, well polished.

The looks you must get with that spoiler :p

Thanks mate. I like the Bomex in black. It needs a good wash and wax at the weekend though.

The looks I get. Everybody who catches a look at the car stares/points/nudges the person next to them. Nobody's laughed yet... like I do when I see a Corsa with a bodykit, stupid exhaust and "devil's horns" spoiler or something.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone came up and asked me about the car. It was about 5 minutes, when I pulled in to fill up with Optimax. A woman in her 40's got out of her Grand Cherokee and came over to utter some words of admiration.

I think I was in there. :sex: