The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What cleaning products

paulj1

Hi guys looking for advice on what polish, wax and sealant you guys are using as looking to try some new products on my red supra like autosmart cherry glaze topped with a couple of coats of Collinite 476. Tried few things in the past but some of them like Autoglym super resin polish and Meguiar's Ultimate Polish leave such a hazy finish on my bonnet it looks crap.

Cheers

Paul

I use poorboys black hole black hole for a now and then polish but if I was doing correctional work then it is menzerna super finish 4000 followed by megs quick wax.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=22868&d=1380484641

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=22870&d=1380484694

Shiniest turd I have seen for a while!! :D

It's rubbish not having a garage as they're still building on our estate so a washed car stays clean for around an hour lol the paint on my bonnet seems really soft to not sure if it's cos the bonnets plastic or what. But went out last night and could see so may swirl marks it was awful

Cheers graham :thumbs:

I'll have to have a look at yours next time at bluewater. :D:

For the love of god don't waste your time :D

- - - Updated - - -

It's rubbish not having a garage as they're still building on our estate so a washed car stays clean for around an hour lol the paint on my bonnet seems really soft to not sure if it's cos the bonnets plastic or what. But went out last night and could see so may swirl marks it was awful

I had tons of swirls in mine but removed them with the DA polisher and some Menzerna 4000.

:) Auto glym black label followed by Poorboys blackhole glaze followed by either dodo juice purple haze or a good winter ( hard ) wax is Collinite 365 ( I think its 365 or something similar :innocent: ) the collinte wax is good hard wax for winter lasts very well...................this is all on a black car but should be good for red too ;)....all by hand no DA machine used

Cheers

-Ian-

Edited by Ian Ian (see edit history)

Typical Supra prep for me is:

- 3M Ultrafina SE (a refining polish to correct any minor swirls, harsher compounds are used if needed) used with a DA (or rotary for little more cut)

- Wipe down with IPA/water mix to make sure no polishing oils are left on the paint (allows the sealant to bond better to the paint and therefore last longer)

- 3 layers of Zaino Z2/ZFX or Ammo skin (both very strong sealants and some panels on my car have had it on there for nearly a year and beads like it's only just been applied)

- 1 coat of Ammo Creme - a wax to add depth to the colour and make it pop, I only add this the day before a show or after a full detail.

ive used various products myself being a little mad about valeting/detailing myself. but to be honest you wont beat the DA and meg 105 + 205 finishing polish. i sometimes go over the car for good measure with autoglym srb to cover up any tiny fine marks that are left becuase you can spend an age machine polishing the car to perfection and i dont think theres any point. then i use autosmarts WAX to seal,