The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Don't shoot the messenger

Suprab1

I agree, 400 bhp isn't enough. The mkiv had 326 bhp nearly 21 years ago. So we get 74 extra bhp after 21 years of evolution hmmm. IMO it should have atleast 550 bhp but tbh i don't think the supra will be back, i do think toyota will bring a sports car into production but don't think it will wear the supra badge.

I really like that, even if it was scaled back from its concept it would still look great! Hopefully the hybrid system will be like Hondas ima allowing for less road tax but with a larger power output!!

I don't think the supra badge will return though tbh

Looks like a celica in that second link. Hope it looks better than that if they do make one, Supra has great history so they should keep the name, needs turbos and 500bhp minimum IMO though.

Needs to be a GTR killer but still RWD.

Impossible, no RWD production supra will ever be doing 0-60 in 2 seconds on the street, they are better off putting it against the likes of RWD Porsches and 370z etc.

Needs to be a GTR killer but still RWD. Would prefer none of this pansy hybrid rubbish too

Rwd has no chance in replicating a gtr launch, basically a no go area going against the gtr imo, theres plenty of other Rwd supercars to go head to head with, forget the Gtr its out of bounds in terms of matching it with rwd.

Rwd has no chance in replicating a gtr launch, basically a no go area going against the gtr imo, theres plenty of other Rwd supercars to go head to head with, forget the Gtr its out of bounds in terms of matching it with rwd.

Good rubber, really decent Traction/launch system. I'm sure they could do something. Worst case is they make a 4wd supra I guess..

Looks like a celica in that second link. Hope it looks better than that if they do make one, Supra has great history so they should keep the name, needs turbos and 500bhp minimum IMO though.

Impossible, no RWD production supra will ever be doing 0-60 in 2 seconds on the street, they are better off putting it against the likes of RWD Porsches and 370z etc.

As soon as someone mentions a gtr jamies straight in there:D you`re dead right though it couldn`t compete with rwd and if they went 4 wheel then that goes against the grain.

Good rubber, really decent Traction/launch system. I'm sure they could do something. Worst case is they make a 4wd supra I guess..

The hope would be that they do something to compete i just think its not possible without it being as expensive as the Lfa, which would make the supra pointless in terms of matching the gtr, they should focus on it being better (stats wise) than ferrari, porsche, lambo, masserati, mercedes sl's, bmw m cars etc, etc the focus should be being the best rwd it can be for a sensible cost

As soon as someone mentions a gtr jamies straight in there:D you`re dead right though it couldn`t compete with rwd and if they went 4 wheel then that goes against the grain.

Sorry, can't help myself, I do try.

I fully agree, supra should stay RWD, if they build something that drives nicely, can be tuned to 600bhp with minimal effort, I might be interested myself.

I disagree I think it needs to beat the GTR. Supra always has done. Always should do.

I love the supra more than probably anyone on this forum, but If people post stuff that is simple not true I have to reply, Go compare our drag racing thread to the GTROC drag racing thread, we have one car in the nines, they have hundreds, and plenty in the 8's and 7's etc.

Power is useless without control, my supra had ITRO 1300bhp, with 100's of goes at the drag strip my best time was a 10, my GTR did a 9.7 on my first ever go with 900bhp.

I was talking stock here mate ;)

Go compare a stock 1998 R34 GTR performance times against a stock 1998 VVTI supra.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have a supra over any RB engined GTR any day of the week, but try and keep to facts instead of posting stuff that's complete bollox ;)

Go compare a stock 1998 R34 GTR performance times against a stock 1998 VVTI supra.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have a supra over any RB engined GTR any day of the week, but try and keep to facts instead of posting stuff that's complete bollox ;)

Well seeing as the supra MKIV came out at the same time as the R33 then maybe we should compare them rather than getting high and mighty ;)