The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone installed a HKS DLI Ignition amplifier?

TBDevelopments

Hey guys.

question above really.

I've installed quite a few of these on other cars just not the supra. it'll be fairly straight forward with a power and negative and then connections onto the 6 coil wires from the igniter system.

But i wanted some confirmation on the colour codes as the unit i have doesn't have the lead tails. Its just the unit and the multi-plug and in HKS wisdom they decided to have a different colour code of wires out of the unit and then from the wiring tail.

I have the colour codes from the wiring tail, but no information what those colours match upto on the other side of the plug.

probably see my dilemma.

I'm guessing red is going to be ignition power, black is earth and all the other blue,green, white pastel colours are the coil wires.

just wanted to see if anyone else has had this and can shed some light before i have to suck it and see and possibly fry the unit lol

Thankyou

Tim

yeah already see that. But the issue is it only tells you the wiring colours from the HKS DLI unit at the end of the harness with the wire tails.

I don't have this harness, i just have the unit and a multi block. HKS used different wires on the harness (that threads talks about) compared to what comes directly out of the DLI

This is my confusion.

red on the harness might for all i know match upto the white coming out the box.

Tim

mmmm the units the same, but all my colours are different again....... saying that every one i've seen they've never had the same colours coming out the box, HKS must use what ever they have kicking about lol.

but looking at that red does match red and black does match black. for live and earth. And everything else what ever the colour just becomes yellow, which is coil wires.

Think i'll have a go wiring it up that way and go from there. if the engine doesn't start and lots of smoke from the unit i think its an indicator something is wrong haha.

Tim

yeah it seems to be. but i know on the harness red is power and black is earth, everything else is coil. But i wasn't sure if red on the harness actually meant it would match up with red coming out the box, as all the other colours are all over the place.

didn't want to make an assumption as we all know what that is the mother of.

Tim

well looking at that harness, harness red and harness black do match upto the red and black coming from the unit itself. This is the only thing that seems to be identical accross all other DLI i've seen. the other 6 wires coming from the box that go to the harness yellow wires seem to be a mismatch and different on every unit i've seen.

Think i'll just go with red = red and black = black. everything else i'll go by it being yellow :)

Tim