The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels/tyres

ChrissupraSZ

Hello guys,

I currently have some crap 16" wheels on me sup at the mo. I think because of this the back end is bouncy when been powered and the car never rly feels like it handles well when im above 100mph.

Could this because of the wheels and tyres(which btw r also crap makes)? could it also be down to no offset? hence if i buy some 18"s with the currect offset would me sup handle better and be more stable at speed?

IMO its almost certainly the poor tyres.

i recently swapped backed to my stock 17's from 18" alloys. The stock 17's are meant to be better for handling than the 18's and yet its now awful because i have goodyear F1's on the 18's and crap no name (at least not that i relate to tyres in general!) on the 17's.

Different tyres can make a huge difference, but getting wheels of whatever diameter / width as close as possible to the stock 50mm offset will also help.