The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz-ge to 2jz-gte swap

Brandon2jz

Yes I'm new here, and yes I have tried searching but I haven't found any solid information. I don't need he said she said answers, so to anyone who know's:

Is there a more budget friendly way to convert a GE to a GTE, or would it be more cost efficient to just buy the TT and skip the whole swap?

Cause I know a GTE engine costs around 2-3 grand here in Canada, but the Getrag 6spd transmission is absolutely retarded at $6k, so is there an alternative transmission that came with the TT or is only the Getrag?

Also for anyone who's imported or know about importing, I've got a question about governed engines. "The turbo version was tested to reach over 285 km/h (177 mph) all-stock, but the cars are restricted to just 180 km/h (112 mph) in Japan and 250 km/h (155 mph) elsewhere."

So is the 1994 supra restricted to 180km when they get imported? Because I was reading up about that and read that only the 95's and up had governed HP and speed,

can you tell me if this is true?

The importers don't like me asking these questions or any questions for that matter, unless I've got the cash in hand ready to give it to them...

Thanks for taking the time to read this.