Front number plate

Hassan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must have a rear number plate but not a front one. Though if you've not got a front plate chances are you'll get stopped because it draws attention to you. Legally jap square plates are a grey area as long as they are clear no bold print etc then you should be fine though some police still consider them illegal and it gives them an excuse to stop you. However i'd rather get stopped than have long uk plates on a supra

You must have a rear number plate but not a front one. Though if you've not got a front plate chances are you'll get stopped because it draws attention to you. Legally jap square plates are a grey area as long as they are clear no bold print etc then you should be fine though some police still consider them illegal and it gives them an excuse to stop you. However i'd rather get stopped than have long uk plates on a supra

That's rubbish.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_067666.pdf

You legally have to have one. Whether a copper decided to pull you for it, and what they'll do if they do, is another matter.

That's rubbish.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_067666.pdf

You legally have to have one. Whether a copper decided to pull you for it, and what they'll do if they do, is another matter.

THIS

Went to a cruise a few weeks back and the police were giving everyone fines and points for not having/displaying/wrong txt sizes plates

He was a busy man lol

I have been told its one of there pet hates so thats the first thing they will get you for too

Just to add it's also no good in the window screen, I've been done for that twice in the past

I've not had any problems with police regarding my plate being on the windscreen, so that's where it's staying. I've even had a thumbs up from a policeman in his car next to me at lights before!

I've been at cruises and the police have had a look at the car along with other people and have never said anything.

I've not had any problems with police regarding my plate being on the windscreen, so that's where it's staying. I've even had a thumbs up from a policeman in his car next to me at lights before!

I've been at cruises and the police have had a look at the car along with other people and have never said anything.

That's only because the coppers take one look at you and think I ain't arguing with him :D

It's been the law for years you must display both front and rear plates

It makes zero difference if your from Pakistan or Scotland if you ain't got one your getting stopped.

Why bring pakistan or scotland into it? Whats that got to do with a front number plate? And no your wrong your not getting stopped since someone i know from glasgow just hired 2 lamborghini aventadors for there wedding and they never had front plates. Didnt get stopped once. Plus ive seen a few new supercars that dont have front plates either. So why is the law any different for a lambo or ferrari?

Why bring pakistan or scotland into it? Whats that got to do with a front number plate? And no your wrong your not getting stopped since someone i know from glasgow just hired 2 lamborghini aventadors for there wedding and they never had front plates. Didnt get stopped once. Plus ive seen a few new supercars that dont have front plates either. So why is the law any different for a lambo or ferrari?

I ran my Supra with no front plate for 2 years and didn't get stopped for it once.

It is still illegal though. I was meant to have one the whole time. I had to put it on for MOTs.

I always thaught the law was if the car was manufactured with a holder or area for a number plate it had to have one. If a Lamborghini doesn't then so be it. But if imagine a car hire company like that doesn't want plates on people pictures so they don't get robbed.

A quick google shows plenty of aventadors with number plates

I ran my Supra with no front plate for 2 years and didn't get stopped for it once.

It is still illegal though. I was meant to have one the whole time. I had to put it on for MOTs.

Yeah alex, as you well know (since you were there!) 3 of us got pulled at the same time and all charged for running our plates in our windscreen.. (i'd like to add this was the supra pod trip where a rabbit smashed my front lip and plate bracket off the night before) and we were all charged.

then again when someone reversed into my car and broke the bracket.. i drove to halfords to get bits to repair… less than 1 mile on the road and i was pulled for it, i showed them the bracket and the note the guy left after reversing into it and he let me off.

I'd say since the front plate is white, it might just not be a noticeable on a silver/white car that it's missing… but mine being black it is a lot more obvious that it's missing.

I'd also like to add i was pulled and fined for running wrong spacing (M5 5OUP instead of M55 OUP)

So fine, i gave in and decided to run everything legal, front plates, rear plates all normal sizing etc… just couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

a few weeks back i was pulled for running the normal jap square plate on the rear.. the one that covers the hole in the bumper behind the plate.. but no, they said that because there is technically enough room for a uk long rear plate then thats what i should be running.. i argued and he said he'd 'let me off', would email me the details on why i need to run the uk rear plate and that i'd need to change it… i haven't yet.

so yeah, alex you've been lucky so far as the police up here in aberdeen are c*cks!