The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost issue (VVTi single)

James

Recently, my car (VVTi 6 speed with a T88-34D single turbo), has developed a bit of a boost problem. It seems really restricted up towards top end. I was coming back from a friend's place on the dual carriageway and as I passed someone I noticed that the boost was refusing to go above 0.9bar and the revs were struggling to pass 6k rpm.

I haven't had a chance to diagnose it as yet as I'm currently offshore.

Any ideas what it may be? I didn't really notice anything else as being off with it? I instantly thought that it'd be either a split hose or maybe the boost controller (GReddy Profec B) acting up? It drives absolutely spot on off boost. :search:

Thanks in advance! :)

Are your plugs goosed? Or the coil pack clips?

Luc suggested that in my other thread in fact. :) I hadn't thought of them initially. Makes sense though really so I'll check them as well! Was planning on changing the plugs over the winter when servicing anyway so I'll see what is going on :thumbs: