The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forum Supra on EBay

JasonR24

So saw this recently:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200997274004?redirect=mobile

Noticed it was a forum members car BUT has not been advertised on the forum for sale... This immediately made me think something was off. As the only place I even advertised my Supras was the forum...

Anyway if anyone knows the car, feel free to share some information about it :)

Love what he has done with the wheels. May look at getting mine done similar...!!

Oh, no I won't as that would make quite a classy looking car look shite.

£6500 for an auto TT with 120K on the clock and valve stem seals needing doing is a bit high in my book.

H.

Love what he has done with the wheels. May look at getting mine done similar...!!

Oh, no I won't as that would make quite a classy looking car look shite.

£6500 for an auto TT with 120K on the clock and valve stem seals needing doing is a bit high in my book.

H.

Yea I was thinking the same H. on both counts! How it looked before with the other (BBS?) wheels was much better. Was just curious if anyone actually knows the car as the owner says they're a forum member but there's no advert on here...

Yea I was thinking the same H. on both counts! How it looked before with the other (BBS?) wheels was much better. Was just curious if anyone actually knows the car as the owner says they're a forum member but there's no advert on here...

The other wheels look like Manias. Cheap wheel but they still look nice when new.

I still stand in amazement when people do things like this to their car. Blue with gunmetal? Why not silver, nice shadow chrome or even black at a push. I suppose it is all in the interest of trying to be different. Problem is, looking crap isn't different these days.

Sorry. I am ranting.

H.

The wheels were up for sale on here for £400, and then he posted that they were no longer for sale because the whole car was for sale. Thought it was odd that there was no for sale thread aswell.

Maybe it was to avoid members pulling it/the advert apart.

The wheels were up for sale on here for £400, and then he posted that they were no longer for sale because the whole car was for sale. Thought it was odd that there was no for sale thread aswell.

Maybe it was to avoid members pulling it/the advert apart.

Yea my thoughts too. 6500 for a supra that needs VVS doing seems steep :-/ it is gunmetal though so I guess this is desirable.... the blue must lower the value though :D

Yep it's mine I haven't put it on here yet because I only put it on eBay last night nothing dodgy at all I knew people would slate it too

There's nothing dodgy about selling a car that I don't use enough to justify keeping I do 5 miles a day and it's sat on the drive all the other time so is unfair to keep it

Yep it's mine I haven't put it on here yet because I only put it on eBay last night nothing dodgy at all I knew people would slate it too

There's nothing dodgy about selling a car that I don't use enough to justify keeping I do 5 miles a day and it's sat on the drive all the other time so is unfair to keep it

Nothing against you mate I just thought it seemed odd as a member would usually post here first... That was all I found dodgy.

Also it's the price than makes people dubious. The blue of course is personal preference.

And thanks for saying my car looks $#@!e really nice to know that people like people being different

good luck Chris with the sale of your car.

The problem with the for sale bit on this site is everyone who has no intention of buying the car likes to leave daft comments

also they like to de value your car imo

The problem with the for sale bit on this site is everyone who has no intention of buying the car likes to leave daft comments

Seems to be the norm on most sites, if you give a genuine opinion on removing stickers

or posting up better photos then its of use to the seller, otherwise don't post

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

The point of an owners club is to be honest surely. If something is wrong, like the valve stem seals, which could be a much worse problem as far as the buyer is concerned, then why not post your concerns. I was interested in the car but for 6500 it's too much of a risk. I've no interest in devaluing any car, most cars devalue themselves.

Chris - sorry to here your selling up mate. Not good :( but hey understandable with what your saying.

Don't take to much notice of comments on here, as some comments are just to impose an influence.

I like the blue wheels mate and some thing different, maybe not every one taste but hey its your car and you do what ever you want to it.

Good luck with your sale mate, keep him touch :)

And thanks for saying my car looks shite really nice to know that people like people being different

Apologies Chris. Not meaning any offence, although I wouldn't have been pleased if that post would have been about my car in fairness. The original picture of it with the Manias is stunning and I can't get my head around anyone fitting blue to wheels as an improvement. That said, it's just MY opinion and it doesn't count for a great deal. If this would have been a "for sale" thread I wouldn't have commented.

This car was not put in a for sale thread was it? See above.

As far as de-valuing the car. I like it, £6500 for a TT auto makes my valuation of a VVTi Tip look too cheap and I would put the price up now if I was selling.

H.

Finally sorted my account right ill get some better pics taken tomorrow and get a for sale ad up on here

I'm going to see how it goes on ebay this week and if I don't get anything I'll repaint the wheels silver and spend the week doing the vss's so it'll have new plugs a coolant flush and will be running bpu so should be worth the money

Finally sorted my account right ill get some better pics taken tomorrow and get a for sale ad up on here

I'm going to see how it goes on ebay this week and if I don't get anything I'll repaint the wheels silver and spend the week doing the vss's so it'll have new plugs a coolant flush and will be running bpu so should be worth the money

That sounds like it would be worth the money once that's done. :thumbs:

Also this thread was just curiosity as it looked a nice car but obviously a forum member not advertising their car on the forum just seemed odd! Nothing against you personally.

GLWS :)

I would definitely do the VSS before sale bud. It will help the sale no end as the less mechanically minded people will just read it and think "shagged".. next one.

It's also a crying shame to see you selling. Was looking forward to some meets next year together!

I would definitely do the VSS before sale bud. It will help the sale no end as the less mechanically minded people will just read it and think "shagged".. next one.

It's also a crying shame to see you selling. Was looking forward to some meets next year together!

Looks like I'll be asking for a little bit of help then rich ;-)

I'm going to get a na 5 speed aero next winter when I have cash spare to go na-t and build it up from the ground up so it's ready for the shows of 2015 until then ill get a car I can use a tow car for when I need it