The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear seats modifying

Kendo11

Afternoon all.

I want more boot space, and my double sub box is taking up too much room whilst also meaning I have to have the rear seats folded down.

Has anybody ever taken apart the rear seats (top half) and installed speakers in them....facing the front?

Would this be doable?

Cheers.

Think I may struggle with this, I have two speakers at 12" each. I want to fit one to each of the backrests of the rear bench, but the speakers take up a lot of room. Might risk the structure of the seats but I'll have a play.

One good thing - the sub/amp box weighs about 30kg so it'll save me some weight!

I made my own sub box for a single 10. To be honest, mine kicks like a mofo - to the point where the whole car rattles, so I know that two 12's must be mental!

of course, the speakers are only as good as the amps, and more importantly, the head unit.

Anyway, here's what I came up with

Some cracking tips and pics there thanks guys, gaz that's the image I have in my mind only facing the cabin and one either side. Of course making it a reality might be a bit different to what I'm imagining lol.

This is what I'm starting with.

Plus a £400 head unit, so it gives off a healthy beat :D

uploadfromtaptalk1385845930560.jpg