The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Red WARNING light, battery dead

Guest Knightrider1980

Guest Knightrider1980

Well after nearly 4 months of buying a new battery and after not touching my car for nearly 2 weeks due to cold weather and me being on holiday the battery has died on me, tried to boost start the battery but nothing happens, no alarm, no lights light up on the dash except for the red warning light with the exclamation mark is on saying to me that the battery is dead and kaput, good thing that i have a 3 year warranty so i will be making my way to halfords this week to reclaim a new one.

Guest Knightrider1980
It would pay to check out your car before you fit another, batteries rarely fail so quickly

these days

thats true but i dont drive the car, have not driven her for months and she just sits in the drive way, i only start the car maybe once a week, battery failure is very high probability, ontop of the fact that i boosted the battery twice in the four months when not starting the car for ages.

Edited by Knightrider1980 (see edit history)

thats true but when i only touch the car once a week and dont drive it, battery failure is very high probability, ontop of the fact that i boosted the battery twice in the four months.

I used to leave mine for long periods and the battery was fine, think 6 weeks was around the longest without

it being touched and it still fired the car up and worked as it should

It would pay you to get a CTEK charger

Yep, like Dunk I generally drive mine once a week if that & I have gone 3 - 4 weeks without starting her. Make sure the alarm isn't causing a huge drain or if you have an after market audio amp etc it isn't switched on when you switch the engine off. Halfords are pretty good when replacing it, I had to replace mine as after 2 years it was starting to die, even though the receipt ink had disappeared and you could barely see the code they swapped it. :)

Guest Knightrider1980
I think you might find the warranty expires on the replacement battery so check that.

The ctek is definitely the way to go and Halfords sell them, approx £50

will check it out, i dont know why but even the other supra i had before had the same problem, after 2 weeks or so the battery goes, i do have an alarm system installed which takes the power allot, the cold dont help either.