The mkiv Supra Owners Club

as you wished

Chiefgroover

550bhp, had to get 3 big guys to sit on the car to stop the wheel spin!. People who thought they knew the spec said "no way did he get that", but its a new rolling road, and just been calibrated by factory techs. Nobodys else's figure was in doubt so I hope i dont have the usual "you couldnt have got 550bhp cause my car doesnt have it" crap.

I know a few tricks with Supra's, thats why I got it. The results are on http://www.jap-heaven.com.

There was another Supra, a well sorted big single, but there was a problem with the autobox switching, so it didnt get a figure. Pity as i would like to have seen it win as Jonny definately deserved to win.

Runner up was a sore loser, yapped in the forum which is now locked "if only i had of......" and "My evo is so awesome and i hate Supra's (should be shot for saying that lol), but if only.........."etc. God help whoever has to live with him.

Next summer i am doing a rolling road tour. Hope to vist 5 at least, the final one to be the Ex TTE 4WD "ultimate" one @ Mondello, measures at the hubs. There wil be some cross bunnys if i am in the 500bhp upwards on all 5 roads lol.

Meantime I'll enjoy driving the worlds best performance car, the Supra!.

Originally posted by Chiefgroover

550bhp, had to get 3 big guys to sit on the car to stop the wheel spin!. People who thought they knew the spec said "no way did he get that", but its a new rolling road, and just been calibrated by factory techs. Nobodys else's figure was in doubt so I hope i dont have the usual "you couldnt have got 550bhp cause my car doesnt have it" crap.

So what's the spec?

Fair enough.

Just seems odd that you say people will say "you couldnt have got 550bhp cause my car doesnt have it" but why would we if we don't know the spec?

Or are you talking other people who already know?

Anyway not that it matters, good figure you got (the BHP figure I mean! :innocent: ).

Reason for withholding info is previous experience in forums.

I used to be very intersted in people specs too, but nowadays its just r.road graphs I am intersted in. Dont know of I can post in here or not, but if you wanna see it thats fine with me.

I am glad a Supra won the day, didnt care if it was mine or Jonnys, as long as the "Supra hating" Evo driver got beaten.

I may do a few track days on the mainland in 2005, if i do you are welcome to see/make your own judgement of my car at any of those. Just for the record i run it IRO 500bhp for everyday use, I want the car to last as long as possible!.