The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi! new owner and member

Yarco

Hi I'm Yarco. Loved the Supra since they came out in 1993 and spent most of my teenage years lusting after it. Now I'm 32 I can finally afford to buy one and comfortably insure it. I've been part of the Civic Type R forum for 8 years as I owned a stage 2 2002 Civic Type R which has now been sold. I've put my deposit down on my Supra and pick it up in January. It's a 1997 face lift, 60k miles, BPU, non-VVTi in a rare (I think) gun metal grey. Here it is: http://www.svaimports.com/cars/stock/toyota-supra-rz-twin-turbo-manual/

What do you guys think and do you have any advice for me about Supra quirks. e.g my Civic needed regular engine oil top ups, you know stuff like that. :)

Edited by Yarco (see edit history)

What is that front bumper?

Horrible! Possibly? Please sort out the engine bay too! was the old owner colour blind? Nowt matches, BUT saying that it looks to have good potential so with abit of tlc could look great, personally i dont mind the wing, but would defintley suit a stock wing better

Welcome to the club btw good luck with the new purchase ;)

Welcome to the club :) That wing deffo needs featured in the big gay wing post! :D

lol yes the Cwest wing I know, thing is you can't be too fussy about appearance on these older cars, as long as the car is healthy and in good knick that's was my main priority. I had the choice to change it back to standard but in the flesh it sort of pulls it off, all the car needs is some chunky side skirts and a nice front bumper and it will be proportionately right imo. Although I may bottle it and go for the usual TRD spoiler. :)

Welcome mate, that's been for sale quiet a while but it seemed a good buy!

Ye I test drove it back in February and after some financial issues I now have the money. Hasn't been registered in the UK yet so I'm the first owner. At the time of the test drive it needed a decent map but pulled well enough and felt solid with no clunks or funny noises. :)

i saw this for sale too when just browsing, that spoiler needs to go though! welcome mate. Best colour you can get the SUP in

Ye I wanted a white Supra but struggled to find anything in good condition under £11k. The gun metal grey is growing on me though, once I get the skirts on and a front bumper it will look the part. :)

Welcome to the club :)

The wing is a Marmite, you either love it or hate it. But with a stockist body it does look kind of strange................

Other than that its looks like a clean example. The engine bay paint looks good.

Ye the spoiler doesn't look right without skirts and a front bumper but when I have them on I'll decide if the wing stays or goes. The aluminium Cwest wing isn't cheap so hence why I won't let SVA Imports change it for the stock one. Engine felt strong on the test drive and should be about 400hp once the full map is done by SVA Imports. The car is cleaner in the flesh, aged well. :)

Welcome to the club!! Looks a good example obviously except big gay Al's big gay wing

What is that front bumper?

The wing may go once I have the skirts and front bumper on. The current front bumper is called "Aero" but it's from Japan, could be anything I guess but I don't like it anyway. Skirts and front bumper are first things on the mod list. :)

Horrible! Possibly? Please sort out the engine bay too! was the old owner colour blind? Nowt matches, BUT saying that it looks to have good potential so with abit of tlc could look great, personally i dont mind the wing, but would defintley suit a stock wing better

Welcome to the club btw good luck with the new purchase ;)

Ye I agree about the bumper lol. The engine bay will be ok once I get rid of the yellow spark plug cover. I've seen a nice carbon fibre one on wiftbitz ;)

• 4 months later...