The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Evening All

Guest AlexRobinson

Guest AlexRobinson

Evening all,

Just joined the club today, didn't even know it existed untill earlier, seems a very nice club from what I can see.

I am in the market for a Supra, however will probably be a very slow process as I intend on getting the 2JZ seperate and buying an aeroshell to put it in, building/assembling most likely next summer onwards.

My names Alex as the username states :)

I'm 25 and from Cardiff in South Wales, I am a member of the SXOC (Nissan 200SX owners club) and have recently sold my 3rd Nissan 200SX (Stage 3) with the intention to get myself on the property ladder early next year.

I am still rather new to Supras but as I'm sure almost every child can relate, I fell in love with the Aerotops as soon as I saw one (For me it was Fast and Furious - silly I know!)

Would very much appreciate advice on a few things in the coming weeks/months as I need to establish which engine I am going to source and whether it will be an aerotop shell or something completely different.

As of yet I am preferable to the 2JZGTE however I have no idea on the variations and as to what power I will be running (will be atleast 400bhp)

Anyway enough about me, again Hello all! :):blink:

Edited by AlexRobinson (see edit history)

Evening all,

Just joined the club today, didn't even know it existed untill earlier, seems a very nice club from what I can see.

I am in the market for a Supra, however will probably be a very slow process as I intend on getting the 2JZ seperate and buying an aeroshell to put it in, building/assembling most likely next summer onwards.

My names Alex as the username states :)

I'm 25 and from Cardiff in South Wales, I am a member of the SXOC (Nissan 200SX owners club) and have recently sold my 3rd Nissan 200SX (Stage 3) with the intention to get myself on the property ladder early next year.

I am still rather new to Supras but as I'm sure almost every child can relate, I fell in love with the Aerotops as soon as I saw one (For me it was Fast and Furious - silly I know!)

Would very much appreciate advice on a few things in the coming weeks/months as I need to establish which engine I am going to source and whether it will be an aerotop shell or something completely different.

As of yet I am preferable to the 2JZGTE however I have no idea on the variations and as to what power I will be running (will be atleast 400bhp)

Anyway enough about me, again Hello all! :):blink:

Hello Alex, Welcome to the forum, Im T and live near...

The flow on the forum from my understanding is that if you want anything over 450/500 bhp you go single turbo conversion 6 speed manual. but a lot of members prefer the TT.

however, the TT BPU (remove cats to raise boost will give you around 360/400 BHP) which is the cheapest form of more GO.

you may find the links on this thread beneficial.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?59334-Supra-Guide-and-Model-Differences-Chart

Also, theres membership when you pay £10 you get access to classified ads and members scetion...

Welcome mate, I'm down that way a lot these days. Check the welsh section for a list of members near you :thumbs:

Hello Alex, Welcome to the forum, Im T and live near...

The flow on the forum from my understanding is that if you want anything over 450/500 bhp you go single turbo conversion 6 speed manual. but a lot of members prefer the TT.

however, the TT BPU (remove cats to raise boost will give you around 360/400 BHP) which is the cheapest form of more GO.

you may find the links on this thread beneficial.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?59334-Supra-Guide-and-Model-Differences-Chart

Also, theres membership when you pay £10 you get access to classified ads and members scetion...

That's not true about going single turbo ;) I managed on the TT setup

468hp wasn't on meth though :p

One of the fastest BPU's out there :) if not the fastest BPU.

Anyway AlexRobinson welcome to the club

There is lots of information about the supra's on here have a look around and use the search button.

Basic engine difference are:

Stock

2JZ GTE - Twin turbo

2JZ GE - N/A

But have a look around on the forum, the question you probably want to ask will more than likely been answered.

Guest AlexRobinson

Thanks alot for the feedback/replies all - I will do some research on the site for people who have already done what I am hoping to achieve, build threads etc

Guess I will also keep an eye out for any local meets.