The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi guys, new member :) little help?

Guest avni88

Hey everyone, my name is Av,

Hope you guys are all well. I am new to this site.

Ok, so, as you may have guessed. I am thinking of buying a supra,

and need some help. I have no idea where to start. But, here is my story,

of why I want one. I basically, got hammered by one twice! Thrashed!

It was unreal! I have a lexus is220d, nice for mpg, terrible for supras lol.

Then I moved on and bought a golf mk5 r32, I loved it, fast loud and crazy,

yet again no match for a supra. :(

Now I have a mazda rx8.. say no more.. never to beat it ever!

I dont know what to do, where to look. I am on a budget, I dont know if I get the standard non turbo, or TT.

I have heard they are cheap to mod.

I love them now supras rule :)

Well, considering the sale of my rx8, i would say 2.5k? I just think im better of with a supra then a scooby evo or skyline.

£2.5k will buy you a non turbo supra, you can spend the same again turning it into a single turbo

A decent twin turbo is going to be £5k or there abouts depending on condition etc

Is your rx8 a 231 or a 192?

I have a 231 and I used to have an n/a supra before I got my TT supra. I don't' think there is a lot of difference between the grunt between the 231 and the n/a, so if you're looking purely for more power I'd say save up and get a TT.

Also, if you're selling the rx8 I'd get a compression test done, it'll give you three numbers for each rotor, providing they are all over 7 then your engine is healthy and won't be needing a rebuild. Selling a rx8 with a healthy compression test to go with it will increase it's value, to anyone who knows about rx8's at least.

I have never even heard about that, but thats I will do that. But, regretfully they are not worth much these days. They are nice cars, but yesterday I got hammered by a 335i. I felt so ashamed. I had an r32, supercharged. Biggest mistake of my life, as i spent 8k on it all. And didnt sell for much. Yes, it was great on the road, fast fast fast. But, supras still beat me on a line, I mean my friends one, 700ps, jeez man! I may but a non turbo, and do a single conversion, see what I can get Also the TT's are very nice but a little to much at this moment in time.